General Tech Repair a gas tank?

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
I noticed that after a small mishap with my Commando on Kenny's Climb (which included me coming down it backwards without power and hitting my rear bumper hard enough to bend it in 2 inches) I have a really small crack on one of the seams of my gas tank. Can that be repaired cheaply or easily?

I know theoretically it can be welded underwater or something, but any other options? I was thinking maybe like JB Weld or something.

The crack is on the side up by the top so it only leaks if the tank is completely full, but is still annoying, and makes it always smell like gas.

Thanks

TimB

Homesick
Yeah JB weld or simular epoxy will work. I've welded them before but it's a really risky thing to attempt and not for those who don't know what they are doing. Purging with inert gas is how I've done it. The water deal is still too risky for me. I'm not done living yet - I hope.

chans

They make a special epoxy kit to repair gas tanks. The Checker there should have it. I had a big rust hole in a tank years ago and had it braised in and the inside coated with plastic but for small holes I have the kit to carry around just in case.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
They make a special epoxy kit to repair gas tanks. The Checker there should have it. I had a big rust hole in a tank years ago and had it braised in and the inside coated with plastic but for small holes I have the kit to carry around just in case.

Very cool, that's what I'm talking about!