Responsible FJ Owner!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Anyone a youtube member and feel like sending him a message. Let him know what he recorded was not only illegal, but completely damaging to our sport. He should pull that video ASAP (though I know I saw it over a month ago after it was linked on another forum).

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
A Google for his youtube username of majojo4 finds lots of info, including that he lives in draper, and even a phone number from a craigslist post. Keep in mind that this is the user who posted the video, not necessarily the driver of the vehicle.

What's up with the FJ Cruiser forum? No one seemed to be concerned about what he was doing. No wonder it's such an uphill battle to keep stuff open.

XJEEPER

Hopefully the posts on the FJ site a minority representative of the whole new FJ community......seemed to be lots of e-high fives to reward mud boy. What a jacka$$........

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
:mad: :mad: May be the greenies are right and all of our trails do need to be closed. This guy and ones like him cost us so many oportunities to do what we love to do it is not even funny. This guy deserves the same treatment Charlie Wentzle got and even more. What is worse stealing a few bucks or stealing our right to enjoy our public lands. If anyone is able to find out more info on the guy I say his life should become a little less comfortable. As a side note, how big of an idiot do you have to be to do that to a brand new car. I am betting it is his parents car or at least it was bought for him. I bet whoever paid for the thing would be interested in seeing the video.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Bobog and others summed it up...

However... Lets take a pro-active approach towards this and see if we can't try and educate rather than flame. I know, I know I am one to speak ;)... but its worth a try.

Steve, would you post this over on the FJC forum:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike, I can appreciate your excitement and desire to get out and wheel your new FJC, but please remember that a single persons actions can damage the work that hundereds have done in the American Fork Canyon over the past years. Not only is it illegal to drive in Forest Lake (or any other wildlife lake, pond, etc)... its also very un-ethical as a 4x4 user. The image it portrays to those that do not enjoy our recreation can be damaging to say the least.

Several local Utah 4x4 clubs and hundereds of individual users have spent countless hours in the AFC area to prevent trail closures, please respect our hard work by respecting the law.

Thanks and I would appreciate it if you would remove your video before it makes the next season of SUWA's slideshow presentations ;)

Kurt Williams
President - Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEN... if he still wants to get western about it all, game on :cool: Call Randy ;)

MOODY

Bald Guy
Bobog and others summed it up...

However... Lets take a pro-active approach towards this and see if we can't try and educate rather than flame. I know, I know I am one to speak ;)... but its worth a try.

Steve, would you post this over on the FJC forum:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike, I can appreciate your excitement and desire to get out and wheel your new FJC, but please remember that a single persons actions can damage the work that hundereds have done in the American Fork Canyon over the past years. Not only is it illegal to drive in Forest Lake (or any other wildlife lake, pond, etc)... its also very un-ethical as a 4x4 user. The image it portrays to those that do not enjoy our recreation can be damaging to say the least.

Several local Utah 4x4 clubs and hundereds of individual users have spent countless hours in the AFC area to prevent trail closures, please respect our hard work by respecting the law.

Thanks and I would appreciate it if you would remove your video before it makes the next season of SUWA's slideshow presentations ;)

Kurt Williams
President - Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEN... if he still wants to get western about it all, game on :cool: Call Randy ;)

Well said, Kurt. I think that is certainly the way to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.