General Tech Review: iRockPod from 12 Volt Solution

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
This thing is sweet and totally complete. The hardest part about the install was figuring out if I wanted the tunes to work with keyed power or not. I just put a switch in front of it so I can turn it off independent of the ignition. :D The components are small and compact and we were able to tuck everything up under my dash. There was an unused switch hole in my dash that we were able to put the volume knob in (just below the center gauge with the chrome bezel).

You may need a higher horsepower amp (likely available from Panos) for freeway speeds but the amp I have will be perfect for the trail riding lower speed stuff I do?

The iPod holder seems to hold the iPod quite securely in the vertical position I have it mounted in. It will likely be moved when I get a center console completed to a more angled position but I'll for sure use the same holder contraption.

Attachments

• ipod-dash.JPG
    ipod-dash.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

sixstringsteve

are they louder or quieter than a typical aftermarket 18w rms stereo? Are you using the ipod connector, or the 1/8" aux stereo input?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
are they louder or quieter than a typical aftermarket 18w rms stereo? Are you using the ipod connector, or the 1/8" aux stereo input?

iPod connector. I'd say it's roughly equivalent to a "typical" RMS stereo. I'm sure that's all over the map as equivalent goes thus my "typical" response. I'd imagine xyz Alpine is louder than xyz Sony and xyz Pioneer?

Basically it works for me and is a great solution for a garage queen.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I have been running one of these since Nick at 12 volt solutions came out with them, I am just running a couple pioneer waterproof speakers with mine and its plenty loud enough for my rig....and its not a quiet rig :D Short and sweet.....they rock and the price is awesome!