RIP JPete (Pete Trasborg)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
My friend Pete Trasborg passed away after some recent health issues last night. If you've been around a while you'll remember him writing articles on M715 stuff for JP Magazine, along with a ton of other articles. I remember how stoked he was when he got that job, and how glad I was for him that he got to move out of NJ.

He was also a goofball, with an offbeat sense of humor that I am really going to miss. We just talked recently, and were planning an article on a swap I'm working on. He said he was dying, and I asked "literally? " he said well, maybe, probably, and not to get too hung up on it. So I told him I wouldnt, and that if he really did die that I would say nice things about him, but I wasn't going to waste any time feeling sorry or sad. He laughed and said "perfect! That's how it should be. " Turns out he wasn't kidding.

But it also turns out that I was, because I am sad, and very sorry, and this is sh*tty news. So, sorry to tell you a if you haven't heard but Pedro has left the building.

RIP, Pete. You'll be missed.

LT.

Tacoma,

My condolences for your loss. Words cannot describe the sorrow that many must be feeling. Know that he is in a better place sounds like hollow words after a loss. I have enjoyed many articles written by him and know that his words of wisdom will continue through multiple social media sites and his articles will live on as well. I hope for comfort for his family and friends.

LT.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I'm going to imagine this is thetransborg I know from jp magazine, which I know from text version only and I'm sorry for our loss, I enjoyed his mag for quite a few years and he will be missed-KR

Hello, I was friends with Pete, but being in PA, we didn't talk as much anymore. He built most of my YJ. I did a search for his name on Google, and this thread came up. I'm writing because you said when you talked to him that he said he was dying. I was just wondering if you think he was kidding or do you think he knew something was wrong. He was so young. Can a stroke be predetermined? Anyway, thanks for your kind words for Pete. He will be missed.