RME - 'Ultimate Machine Combat' Team?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone heard about the upcoming 'Ultimate Machine Combat' TV show? I recieved a email from the producer inviting us to form a team to compete. TLC (The Learning Channel) is putting it on and will pay for the ride, shipping to England where the competition is, food and stay for a team of 3 people, and other stuff. Heres what I have found so far-

1- The $$ limit is currently $1000, but teams can add more, if its their $$$. Producer it trying to get more from the sponsors.
2- The team has 1 month to build the rig.
3- It sounds like a 4x4 Demolition Derby, of sorts.

Heres more info-

"Hi Greg

I wondered whether this might interest you?

We are currently making a tv show called "Ultimate Machine Combat". We are looking for engineers and teams of people who have a talent for working with machinery and engines. We would like to set them the challenge of building an ultimate machine of combat to take part in a worldwide competition to be televised later this year.

More details about the show can be found on this website: UMC "

Theres a FAQ on the site, but its still kinda vauge. I am wondering about the terrain, the competetion, etc.....

If anyone is intrested, go for it. I personally have previous commitments that would conflict with the schedule they have.

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
I'd love to be in on that. It sounds like alot of fun. I am thinking a totally reinforced 3/4 or 1 ton chevy around 77 vintage. Chop the bed and lose some sheet metal and have some fun with welded diffs.
Dan

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
hell I'm in. Lets get a one ton truck hack the hell outa it and play it for REALS!!! If they throw me 1000$ I'd have it built in two weeks let alone a month. I've been a JYDog for years. I'm interested in england. Or having someone pay to play :D
if theres a list I'm in with the welder, bender, and creativity.....

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
I am so game for that! :D:D Let me know if we're putting a team together! Hell I'll even drive it:D I mean after taking on the new guard rails i think I passed the crash dummy test:D:D

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
Don't want to burst any bubbles here, but I see on major problem with this whole thing. I think they should change the rules. No cap? Jee, I know I don't have that much money to put into a rig, but I bet some of the other people that will be applying will either have lots of money, or get sponsors.

What kind of vehicle do you think you could build in one month with unlimted resources.

Kind of unfair if you ask me. I think there should be a cap of like $2,000-$3000

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
yeah but how many times have the backyard built guys of ARCA and any other competion of that sorts beat or made the sponsored guys work their butts off for a win? It's not the size of the pocket book (although that helps) it's what you can do with the resources given.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Gees rob!!!! go to the JY and get a running oneton. just GAS it from there. Tube it up so when we flop our 6inch travel we just keep driving. This isn't ARCA ya know. Have you never wheeled with the bigdogs while being the underdog? I was wondering about when all this was sapposed to go down, and do you think they hit all BB's? Pirate, sierra,ext that are the BAD ASSES with the $$ and tools? Shit on pirate theyd have a one ton drivetrain in there back yard ya know.... I don't. 1K is kinda hard to do decent. But it could be done. Matereals only....

Too Far

parts is parts
I went to the site and it said that the deadline has passed. So its too late for this one.
It said only 27 world wide teams would be chosen so the odds would be against the true backyard fabricator I think.