Rockcrawler R/C by Nylint

TheJeep

I guess this is a form of offroading, but anyway. I bought my boy a Rockcrawler R/C by Nylint at Wal-mart for his b-day. This thing is awesome how it acts a moves like a real decked out jeep. I bet this will be one of the hot x-mas gifts this year. Kinda like the cute little elmo and cabbage patch kids. Every die hard offroader need one of these. Also don't forget about one for the kids.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
the wal mart by me had a spot on the shelf for the smaller ones, tag and all. every time i asked when they would get them in........"7-10 days"

but they never came. now they have removed the tag from the shelf.

i bet i will never get one :mad2:

metalry101

R/C addict
No thanks. I'd rather wheel mine. :)

crawler13zm.jpg

crawler57wb.jpg

crawler83bm.jpg

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
you got that right eksjae. They are fun anyway. I have a couple serious RC crawlers and I still dig my nylint. It's like going out in a stock beater, sometimes it's more fun than driving the serious rigs.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have two of the smaller ones sitting on my head board of my bed... anyone want one I would be willing to sell it... its the orange jeep ones... I saw the full size one in a walmart the other day but didn't have the $97 to buy it... I have seen the smaller ones in walmarts everywhere I go... specially the one in Evanston Wyoming... it usually has both the jeep and the scorpion.... thats where I bought both mine.... so anyone really want one let me know...
John

74highboy

i have the 1/6th if any wants it ill sell it for a 100 only used it twice and still have every thing it came with

metalry101

R/C addict
Mine, like all of the best r/c crawlers (and most 1:1 crawlers) is a custom frankensteined job. UTRCRC (www.utrcrc.com) is the local organization that runs the competitions and such. You can find and meet local crawlers through there.

For technical help, the best place on the web is www.rccrawler.com. There are tons of very knowledgeable r/c crawlers on there that could answer any question you have. For local help, West Valley Hobbies is your best bet (Shameless plug :) because I work there, but it is true). If you're up north, Jason from HT's Hobby Shop in Layton could help you out. If you're in the UC, the guys at The Front Hobby Shop (in Springville I think?) could help you out. I've never been in either of the other shops, but I've heard that they're staffed by cool guys who know their stuff pretty well.

metalry101

R/C addict
For anyone who wants to see what these things can do, a bunch of the local crawler guys (including me) will be meeting up Big Cottonwood Canyon today around 3:30. The spot is just past Storm Mountain Ampitheatre (sp?). Immediately after you cross the stream there is a turn off for a parking lot on the left. That's where we start. You should see my red XJ and one of the other guys' '94 Blazer on 35's. It's easy to spot. There should be at least 5 guys there today I think, maybe more. We'll be there til' dark or until weather forces us off the mountain (most likely til' dark).

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
i just finnished building my latest 2.2 rc crawler a few days ago (tlt axles pede tranny lath motor ect), they are pretty cool for when the real rig is out of gas or your on a trail waiting but id much rather be real 4 wheeling, some people get way to into these things and it suprises me cuz they dont even have a real rig, but they are pretty impressive, i went to one of the get togethers it was very cool, there is a lot of cool ideas put into those things, one guy i saw had an airplane remote with all sorts of crazy cool gadgits, i wish i knew about the get together up the canyon earlier today

metalry101

R/C addict
Sounds like a nice rig.

As for the get-togethers...a lot of the guys get together on Wednesday evenings about 5ish at the same place. I work Wednesday nights so I don't make that one...but there will be guys up there if you want to go. I'm sure we'll head up next Sunday as well, as long as the place isn't snowed in that is. We had a great crowd today, 11 vehicles overall if memory serves me correctly. It was great!

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
I met the guy who designed the Nylint RC at EJS this year, he was really stoked on his design. He said he had originally tried to model it after an Early Bronco but Ford wanted an arm and a leg for rights....darn! He gave us lots of stuff for the kids, and even gave me a prototype of a EB he was working on. Cool guy.