Rose Canyon

andy d

come on, give me a hug.
last time i was up there, someone had put boulders on all the trails so a full size rig would be deterred. i don't know the official status, but i know that they prefer horses.

Ken

True I know that the right way has the signs up. I didn't know if that included the left side. I have seen teens going up both, but haven't myself because the last thing I need is a stop by johny law. I may venture up the left side though just for the hell of it cause it's just down the road from my house, and I want to explore some.

tc meiser

-customeiser-
rose.....

me and my little brother go up there so much and never had a problem we ,actuallymad a trail that is pretty fun i almost tipped my samurai over.

Ken

Ok I was on a date and had never gone up there so I thought what the hell and went up until I got to where the road is washed out. I tried to go further on the road but started to sink so I backed up and tried to get across this solid looking grassy section alongside the road that had some tracks and sunk up to my front axle. I was stuck hella.
I jumped out and got some branches and pallets, let some air out and tried to get out but it was no good so luckily a couple campers showed up and tried to give me some climbing rope to get out but that was a joke and the rope was like 8 feet long. They were nice enough to give me a ride back to my pad so that the girl could get home, she was wearing flip flops and screaming for me to wait up so I was thankful for the ride. A couple buddies were coming to help but we later decided to just wait till the morning, and then saturday we dug out the rear tires and the right front, chucked some rocks under them, hooked up a tow strap and chains to my friends xj and we both goosed the heck out of that mud hole. I hate hate hate mud!!!!
I later went to see how deep the mud sunk in at the road and I sunk down to my thigh it was like 3-4 feet deep of muck! I'll go back after a dry week. :rofl:

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
Oh man!!!!

Thats sucks. I know all to well how that can swallow tires. I was up there I think wednesday with my buddy, and there was a few xj's up there. I guess one had a 10" inch lift and go way stuck too. His buddy tried bumping him back with a strap. He had to do it like 25 times. And even he was just spinning the whole time. Any way man I will put my number in a pm. Gimme a call if you wanna go up today. Its been dry for a while. Dont know what a zuk could do for you. But I will help you dig and whatever. I just need to get outta the house. Names Cody

Last edited:

Cory

Ken said:
I tried to go further on the road but started to sink so I backed up and tried to get across this solid looking grassy section alongside the road that had some tracks and sunk up to my front axle.

:( :mad: :eek: :ugh: :-\

Houndoc

tc meiser said:
me and my little brother go up there so much and never had a problem we ,actuallymad a trail that is pretty fun i almost tipped my samurai over.
Made a trail? That will get the canyon closed nice and quick.