Rosetta Stone - Spanish - Anyone have a copy for sale?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Looking to step up my Spanish speaking game and I'm hearing good things about Rosetta Stone. Anyone have a copy (older is fine) for sale?

Any other opinions for learning Spanish on an abbreviated schedule... a couple of months or less? I don't need to be 100% fluent, just travelers Spanish.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'll make you a deal. Pack me in your suitcase and I'll be your personal translator and squire. I mostly speak religious Spanish but driving a cruiser you preach all day anyway. Right?

Wish I had a reason to dust off the cobwebs in that part of my brain.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
What I've done in the past is translate certain statements/questions for friends so they have them in their back pocket. Then, if they get in a real bind, they'll text or email me what they need communicated, and I'll reply back as quickly as possible. I'm very fortunate to have learned Spanish - it's been very useful these past 15 years...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'll make you a deal. Pack me in your suitcase and I'll be your personal translator and squire. I mostly speak religious Spanish but driving a cruiser you preach all day anyway. Right?

Wish I had a reason to dust off the cobwebs in that part of my brain.

Ha, well played. We don't preach, we pat backs.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
What I've done in the past is translate certain statements/questions for friends so they have them in their back pocket. Then, if they get in a real bind, they'll text or email me what they need communicated, and I'll reply back as quickly as possible. I'm very fortunate to have learned Spanish - it's been very useful these past 15 years...

Not a bad idea. I've got phone and a pocket dictionary that supplement my current range, just looking for more. We've generally had a fluent speaker on all our foreign trips (excpet Australia) but I'd like to increase my usefulness too :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Digging duolingo thus far (140XP). If I were to do this for the next few months I think I'd be right where I want/need.

Anyone have a suggestion for a passive spanish learning aide? I.e. something I can listen to at night in bed or in the car?

DAA

Supporting Member
Don't know what a good price is, so don't know if this is even worth mentioning, but I got an email that you can get RS for $99 with a groupon.

No idea if that's good, bad, or indifferent. <shrug>

I'd like to learn Mexican too though.

- DAA

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
A Spanish mistress?

If you didn't go there, I was going to!

Kurt, do you have any friends that speak Spanish? The best help is talking to someone that knows the language and is willing to coach you at your pace. When I worked in SoCal, I was picking up Spanish pretty quick! :eek:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Don't know what a good price is, so don't know if this is even worth mentioning, but I got an email that you can get RS for $99 with a groupon.

No idea if that's good, bad, or indifferent. <shrug>

I'd like to learn Mexican too though.

- DAA

Cool, thanks Dave. I'm giving Duolingo a run but might try RS.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Working my way through DuoLingo, been studying for ~10 days now and feeling much better at common stuff and starting to grasp the gender of words. 4 more weeks to be fluent :D

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Se que puedes hacerlo 'migo. Todavia puedo venir en tu maleta para ayudarte si quieres. Tengo pasaporte ya y soy preparado y listo. Dime las palabras...:thumbs: