RV dump station in Kamas? SLC/Davis Co?

DAA

Supporting Member
So I'm brand new to this whole concept of a travel trailer and hauling my families turds around. We'll be camping in the Uintas this weekend, near Lyman lake.

I know there are dump stations at a couple of the roadside campgrounds along Mirror Lake Highway - Soapstone and Lost Creek, but I think they'll be closed by this weekend?

And I know there is one at the Bear River State Park in Evanston, but I'm thinking of going up out of Kamas, or maybe getting there via Evanstone but going home via Kamas.

So, anyone have a RV turd receptacle type place to recommend in Kamas, or if not there between the Uintas and home?

For that matter, now that I think about it, I'm not sure where to go around home if I end up with a tank full of turds in the driveway. Anyone have a RV dump to recommend around West Bountiful/Centerville? Or any place convenient to hit off the freeway in Salt Lake?

Thanks!

- DAA

Jesser04

Pretty sure slims off 2600 has a dumper. I don't know how legal it is but when I was a kid my step dad would use the sewer clean out at the house.

DAA

Supporting Member
Pretty sure slims off 2600 has a dumper. I don't know how legal it is but when I was a kid my step dad would use the sewer clean out at the house.

I'll check out Slim's.

Not sure where the cleanout is at my place, but guess it can't hurt to look for it either :D.

- DAA

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Slims has one. RBs has one (although it's slightly uphill---in the back by the big drainage thing by the 500 south on ramp) and I haven't used the one at the Flying J on Redwood and 215 for a while but they had/have one as well.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
There is a sign for one on HW150 in soapstone basin (Forest Service I think) but have never spotted it as I passed by. Didn't want to go exploring with the big box behind me.

DAA

Supporting Member
BTW... just what does a sewer cleanout look like? There's a 4" bolt down cover near the foot of my driveway, says "water" is all. But then there is a much larger, similar cover in the park strip that says "water meter", and another covered box that I know is for the Weber water.

If that one in the driveway is the sewer cleanout, that could be kinda handy. Sure would hate to have a spill right there though :sick:.

- DAA

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Unless you live in an older house you probably wont have a clean out in the yard/drive. If you do though, it will just be a 4"(sometimes 3") pipe with a screw on cap, just like you would see on the wall behind a washer and dryer, or behind a toilet, or in your basement..

They are just another access to the sewer of your home, so if you do have a clean out it would be no different than dumping straight into your toilet.. and would be very convenient... But on that note, we could all just pop the sewer covers off in the street and dump into those!

R

rockdog

When I built our house, I put a clean out out by the road. Now the whole group we camp with use our dump station.
The clean out will most likely be buried under a few inches , to a foot or two of dirt right up against the house. If your house is 30 years old or newer it will have one.