???'s for you without dish/directv/comcast....

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Seeing I only watch local channels and USA on my dish account and most the shows I watch are on netflicks I have been thinking of dropping the dishnetworks and just going with netflicks but I have a few questions...

1. how do you all watch local channels? such as when superbowl comes on?
2. I haven't seen anyone with a HD antenna for local channels, do they really work?

SO what is all the kewl kids doing?

Brad J

We have a huge old Analog Antenna in our attic. The coax cable from the antenna runs into a powered coax amplifier then feeds the different TV's in the house. Our older TV's have Digital Converters & the newer TV's have ones built in. Works well enough to pickup all of the local channels. It looks like we now have 25 channels to flip through now that are English.

Troop92

We're fighting with this as well, but haven't figured out how to yet satisfy our Internet needs... Comcast would be $3 less than what we currently pay if we dropped tv/ondemand. Not sure that's worth it....

I have an hd antenna that was gifted to us at some point... might try it out to see.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
We have an old analog antenna on the roof and use century link for Internet and phone, century link and phone plus some other BS thing is like $75 a month, TV is free!
We get all the digital channels, maybe not in HD, but I can't tell.
Super bowl works as it should on whatever channel it's on 4,5,?

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
We have a huge old Analog Antenna in our attic. The coax cable from the antenna runs into a powered coax amplifier then feeds the different TV's in the house. Our older TV's have Digital Converters & the newer TV's have ones built in. Works well enough to pickup all of the local channels. It looks like we now have 25 channels to flip through now that are English.

This is basically us as well.

boogie_4wheel

I also have a digital antenna in the attic, and it goes to a signal booster, and is then fed to the 2 tvs in the house. We rarely watch the local stations, a few are in Spanish, but there are quite a few.

D

Deleted member 12904

FYI a "digital" antenna is just a uhf antenna. This is the small part of the old analog VHF/uhf antennas

Rock Taco

I dont have any antenna so I dont get local channels. Most I my TV watching takes place on Amazon (prime member) or Netflix and DVDs.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
I have a digital indoor antenna and internet. I get 5 or 6 channels in nice and clear in Grand Junction.... Im sure you would get quite a few more in SLC. It works great for the once a month I watch the local news just to remember how bad it is and not watch regular TV again for a month.