Saturdays Ride

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Took the TW200 out on saturday morning for quick easy ride.. I took along my bro in law and a friend who is just getting into off road bike along. We ended up left hand fork of Hobble Creek where the road had been totally washed out and then up a canyon that hits Wallsburg. We decided to take trail 058 that will take you into south fork canyon but the trail splits and is un marked so I dont really know where we ended up.

Here are some pics
Top of the ridge where we called it quits and headed back
IMG_1126.jpg

Found this Sheep about to die on the trail
IMG_1119.jpg

The point we decided what trail to hit, this was fun for me but i wouldnt take anyone who was new at riding on it again.
IMG_1117.jpg

We had to ride up the stream but I got the other two out of it for a few feet.
IMG_1116.jpg

Half way through the rocks, I could ride this stuff all day.
IMG_1115.jpg

Road that has been washed away in left fork of Hobble Creek
IMG_1114.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
That's why you always keep a pistol on you when you're riding...I ran across a baby deer with two broken legs out wheeling once and I had no way of dispatching it. That looks like a fun trail!!

Caleb

Man, I'd love to get up and ride Hobble Creek. Where can you get a map showing the basic trails? I've never been up there, do they have a booth at the bottom like AFC that you can get a basic map at? Or do you have to go to the ranger station?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Man, I'd love to get up and ride Hobble Creek. Where can you get a map showing the basic trails? I've never been up there, do they have a booth at the bottom like AFC that you can get a basic map at? Or do you have to go to the ranger station?

Pretty simple really, just let me know when you want to go. ;) I put in 50 miles 2 weeks ago and am wanting to get back up there.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
That's why you always keep a pistol on you when you're riding...I ran across a baby deer with two broken legs out wheeling once and I had no way of dispatching it. That looks like a fun trail!!

I dunno, if I didn't own the sheep I wouldn't mess with it. If I were a sheep herder I would be a lot more pissed about a sheep with a bullet in it than just a dead sheep. :-\

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I dunno, if I didn't own the sheep I wouldn't mess with it. If I were a sheep herder I would be a lot more pissed about a sheep with a bullet in it than just a dead sheep. :-\

I feel the same way, my bro wanted to shoot it I wouldn't let him. It could be dead already and if you shot it you would be to blame.. Don't think I let it their to suffer though.

Corban_White

I have the forest service "Summer Travel Map". It is available at the ranger station in PG or in Heber ($10 the last time I checked) and shows all the numbered trails/roads. It covers the whole national forest (uinta). (AF to SF to Strawberry to Mill Hollow give or take)

Looks like there are also some maps available for purchase here:

http://plicmapcenter.org/view.php?st=UT&ag=FS&typ=Counties