School me on Hi Lift Jacks :)

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Desert Dino said:
The thing about a handyman is...
You can get the thing to work under any circumstance if you understand how the mechinism functions...that is, when the pins move in 'an out. Even an old beet-up POS can be made to jack if you move the pins manualy rather than relying on the mechanism to do it.
Stick yer face down close 'an watch it work... you'll see what I'm talk'n about.

just dont use your fingers to try and move the pins. :eek: when mine doesnt want to come down i can usualy get the pins to move properly by moving the handle to the point when the pin should pull out and with verry small strokes move the handle up and down several times till the pin disengages. then it usually goes down the rest of the way without any trouble.

SundancKid

Where's the "e"?
EKSJAE said:
just dont use your fingers to try and move the pins. :eek: when mine doesnt want to come down i can usualy get the pins to move properly by moving the handle to the point when the pin should pull out and with verry small strokes move the handle up and down several times till the pin disengages. then it usually goes down the rest of the way without any trouble.

Bingo! I tried my jack again Saturday. It went up fine as usual, but when it came time to come down it didn't want to. This time there was no tilting to make things ergant. It seemed that one full movement of the arm then small movements was needed. No problems now once I figured this out.

:cool:

ZUKEYPR

Desert Dino said:
A highlift jack, or handyman jack is;
1. An indispensable off road tool that every wheeler should have.
2. Able to perform feats of majic to extract yer sory stuck butt when there is
no winch, or to assist the winch when it is called on to do the impossible.
3. A jack, a winch, a port-o-power, a prybar, an Albanian Death Stick...
4. Always looking for the user to turn his/her back on it so's it can cause
major blunt-force trama to said user's person.
5. Easily mounted anywhere you can weld two 1/2x2" bolts, approx 2 to 3
feet apart, corresponding with holes in the jack. Use a square of rubber
mudflap underneath, a big flat washer, then lock washer, 'an a wing nut
to hold 'er down. Don't ferget a bungee wraped around the holey part
'an the handle to keep you from going insane with the rattle-rattle-rattle...
5. Always needing a can of WD-40 close by to help in the operation.

I am shure there is more, butt the steel plate in my noodle from the last handyman incounter is hurt'n 'an I gotta lay down now....

That's hilarious:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Albanian Death Stick:D