Selectable Locker Debate

BEST SELECTABLE LOCKER (TOTAL COST)

• Total voters

Wonderboy

Trying to decide what to do when I get the coin to put in some lockers in my TJ. I have read a lot of stuff and kind of have an idea, but wanted to throw it out to you guys to get your .02. Pros and cons of each would be great too. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

1993yj

Just an FYI, but the Auburn Ected is not an actual "locker" like they market it. It is just a limited slip with a higher rate for slipping when you flip the switch.

Wonderboy

Since ARB is by far the overwhelming vote, were would you guys recommend that i get it installed at. I know that the install is the most important part, so is there anyone shop around town that has a good rep and experience.

chans

When I had to get my ARB replaced under warranty ARB wanted me to take it to a shop in Logan or Six States because they said they trust them so since you are in Murray I would go to Six states or call ARB tech dept and ask them who they think is the best in Utah since they get a lot of complaints from people about bad installs and if it is an ARB dealer than ARB has to pay for the labor to fix the problem.

Bart

Six States or Ben Hanks Racing. Make sure it's someone who knows what they're doing. I think hands down ARBs are the best selectable out there. I know others disagree, but I've had 6 of them and not a problem.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Well, I used to work for 4wpw. SOld them all, never had an OX returned to me, or ever had any repeat customers come in for misc parts like ARB parts.
I sold the misc ARB parts all the time because they always seem to fail. Plus if your air source fails, you dont have a locked.

The OX is nie because it is 100% mechanical. If you happened to rip out the cable or break it or whtever, you can always crawl underneath the truck and push/pull the cable with a pair of pliers to engage or disengage it.
That in and of itself may pay for its weight in gold if you break in the middle of no where. Plus the included high strength diff cover is an added bonus if you dont already have one.

I like the simple method, no electricity, no air, just metal.

This is however, just my opinion, backed with a little experience. ARB lockers are good lockers if you dont mind dealing with all the little headaches that come along.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Make sure it's someone who knows what they're doing. I think hands down ARBs are the best selectable out there. I know others disagree, but I've had 6 of them and not a problem.

x2

ARB, Detroit or a spool are my only locker choices. Of course a lock rite or other lunch box locker is a good choice as well for those that don't have the $1k plus for a selectable locker and install that goes along with it.

53 willys

Bad speller
Well, I used to work for 4wpw. SOld them all, never had an OX returned to me, or ever had any repeat customers come in for misc parts like ARB parts.
I sold the misc ARB parts all the time because they always seem to fail. Plus if your air source fails, you dont have a locked.

The OX is nie because it is 100% mechanical. If you happened to rip out the cable or break it or whtever, you can always crawl underneath the truck and push/pull the cable with a pair of pliers to engage or disengage it.
That in and of itself may pay for its weight in gold if you break in the middle of no where. Plus the included high strength diff cover is an added bonus if you dont already have one.

I like the simple method, no electricity, no air, just metal.
i'm with you on this one OX for the win:greg:

Last edited by a moderator: