Skyliine Drive above Bountiful

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I've heard they do seasonal road closures on a lot of the high mountain roads.

I was planning on driving this road over the weekend. Do you think it'll be open? How would I find out for sure?

Thanks

Troop92

Just talked to the SL Ranger District. Closure up Farmington/Skyline in Davis Co starts TOMORROW, Nov 1st. As in they lock the gates tomorrow. It's on their webpage too, "closes November 1st or earlier during heavy snow years."

So, it's today or nothing. PM me if you can get free/want to go.

Last edited:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
yeah. i'd love to go tonight, but since its Halloween, my wife might kill me. she thinks I need to take the kids out around the neighborhood. i think i may get lost in the mountains.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Skyline drive can get pretty sketchy when the road gets some snow and ice on it, especially when they have to account for folks who do not know anything about driving on a rough road in those conditions.

Troop92

Skyline drive can get pretty sketchy when the road gets some snow and ice on it, especially when they have to account for folks who do not know anything about driving on a rough road in those conditions.

True, probably safer for all parties that they do it. Wouldn't want minivans careening down the mountains...

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
That's too bad, I was hoping to get one final run up there as well.

You will still be able to run half way up to the first gate. And if you want to run the old Ward canyon you should be able to hook up with that no problem because it's all before the gates.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Cool, depending what time you're planning on going up there I might be able to go with you if you want :)

littlyota

I ran it tonight. Almost got creamed by some jackhole in a Subaru. I thought he was going to knock me off the mountain.

There is a little bit of snow up there.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
That sounds good. Some turns get a little hairy with deep snow when the rig is spinning. Lol but from what I've seem there's probably under 6" of snow.

gertsch

That kills me I loved doing snow runs to the top but No. Bunch of buzz killingtons! People do drive way to fast up there especially since it has a 25 mph speed limit which no one obeys.