Snakes and Constrictor Saturday Feb 25th

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
There was a group of 9 that hit snakes on Saturday. Me in a yota, Greg in a tacoma, Z in a TJ rubicon, Luke in a 4runner, Eddy in a TJ, Smitty in a XJ, His buddy in another XJ, Davy in a tube buggy and Rick & hunter in a yota buggy. It was a little windy in the parking lot, but ended up being super sunny all day and calm conditions in the actual canyon. From my perspective it was a lot dryer conditions than the previous two weekends. There was def a decent amount of mud on the trail and some snow present up the constrictor trail. Our core group encoiuntered quite a few side by sides, quads and an additional xj out on the trail that day. No one made it up Waynes World or Eagles Nest as there was just not enough traction with the muddy conditions. The carnage included me with a broken rear driveshaft (installed spare to finish the trail), my buddy luke's radiator got punctured from one of his front pullys, Smitty with a valve stem failure and Eddy with a front control arm bracket being ripped off his TJ's frame. I gathered that eveyone had a great time and got off the trail safely.

What I liked the most about this run was thinking back to a year ago when I moved and knew NO ONE.... everyone on the run this past satruday were people I met thru RME one way or another. Just want to say thanks for the opertunity to wheel with ya'll again!

I met Rick via the Noob Night run, I Met Luke and Eddy at Snakes & joined an offroad group with them, I met Greg at the 1st training day out at Miller and then subsequently met Z thru Greg up AFC because we had so much fun at the Training Day/Snakes After run. I met Davy whos affiliated with ALLJEEP.com at the 2nd Training day at Miller when he did the presentation on winter camping. (He also helped a buddy of mine thru a jam at WOTR 2012 with the "fix it booth"). It was the first time I met Tim aka Smitty and his other buddy (forgot his name), we hit it off well and since it was his first time on the trail we went slow and his rig did great. Our group was able to take him all the way thru constrictor which is a pretty big feat the first time on the trail with 33's and limited slip up front (let alone in FEB)!!!

IMG_1872.jpgIMG_1874.jpgIMG_1876.jpgIMG_1879.jpgIMG_1880.jpg

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Radiator rapids was quite the "FUN" challange... everyone tried to take a graceful line, but ended up just throttling it thru!!!
IMG_1990.jpgIMG_1992.jpgIMG_2001.jpgIMG_1999.jpgIMG_2005.jpgIMG_2006.jpgIMG_2007.jpgIMG_2008.jpgIMG_2010.jpgIMG_2013.jpg

Last edited:

Krowyn

Awesome, thanks for the great pics and trip report. Ill dig through the memory card in my camera and see if I have any pics worth posting. Thanks for having me out.

Zbigniew "Z" Ciupek

P.S.
FYI My jeep is a TJ Rubicon not a JK.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It was a pretty darn fun time out there. The guy Kevin that was with me was on the search and rescue call out that pulled the guy in the willys truck out of the sunshine mine. Thanks for having us along.

man I need new tires.

Smittyauto

I want to give a HUGE THANKS to every one for coming out. I had a great time!! As a new RME member, this was really the first run that I posted on the upcoming trips, and I have to say it was awesome to get so many cool people to come out. Also, with it being my first trip to 5 Mile, I am glad that I had the right people with me!! I am definitely looking forward to doing some more trips with this fine group of people. Running Constrictor was freaking awesome, I will do it again........Thanks again for a great day everyone!!! By the way, my friend with the other XJ is Steve.
Smitty

sidewinder

hey this is hunter thanks for posting the pictures and videos and i will back to make it up the top of wayne's world:D

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I want to give a HUGE THANKS to every one for coming out. I had a great time!! As a new RME member, this was really the first run that I posted on the upcoming trips, and I have to say it was awesome to get so many cool people to come out. Also, with it being my first trip to 5 Mile, I am glad that I had the right people with me!! I am definitely looking forward to doing some more trips with this fine group of people. Running Constrictor was freaking awesome, I will do it again........Thanks again for a great day everyone!!! By the way, my friend with the other XJ is Steve.
Smitty

You were a blast to wheel with. So was Steve.

hey this is hunter thanks for posting the pictures and videos and i will back to make it up the top of wayne's world:D

Hunter, lets us know when you head out again. It was awesome to wheel with you. Even if you took a nap the whole way back:p

Smittyauto

You were a blast to wheel with. So was Steve.

Hunter, lets us know when you head out again. It was awesome to wheel with you. Even if you took a nap the whole way back:p

Davy,
I have a good amount of video of your buggy on Waynes World, if you wanna check it out I posted it all on Youtube. check out my channel. Its under smittyauto on you tube

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Thanks that sounds cool. I would like to see how it is working. I am liking the new suspension and stuff so it will be good to see a different perspective.
A whole bunch of video of my buggy doing nothing;). Man I tried everything, just too slippery.

I will check out the channel.

Smittyauto

Thanks that sounds cool. I would like to see how it is working. I am liking the new suspension and stuff so it will be good to see a different perspective.
A whole bunch of video of my buggy doing nothing;). Man I tried everything, just too slippery.

I will check out the channel.

You gave it hell!!!!! It was cool to watch, some of it was really violent to watch. By the way I am trying to find a set of 37-12.50/13.50-17's if you know of anything for around $1000-$1500 let me know...

ricsrx

A big thanks to every one for helping spot Hunter thu the muddy mess, it was a great challange for him, It looks like he is really getting the hang of it