Snakes Jan 9th

sixstringsteve

I think i can squeeze things together for the 9th and go do snakes with you guys. It's gonna be tight but if i can be done with the trails by 11 and one my way home it will work.

sweet. I'm sure you'll have time. You may have to peel off early like before, but that shouldn't be a problem. There will be fewer people this time.

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
what is the trail rating on snakes
From WC:
Rattlesnake: 5/10 though snow can make it more difficult. Rattlesnake is recommended for vehicles with 33" tires and a locker is helpful.
Constrictor: Is recommended for vehicles with 35" tires and dual lockers.

I will be there, but I will be coming with the 9am WC group. No breaking down k guys! (talking to myself mostly) :D

I might have missed it, but how many rigs do you guys have now going?

sixstringsteve

No breaking down k guys! (talking to myself mostly) :D

I might have missed it, but how many rigs do you guys have now going?

I highly doubt anyone is planning on breaking. And while it would be inconvenient for WC, it'd be far more inconvenient for the person who breaks. We may have a big group I expect a good turnout. There are always people that say they're going that don't, and always people that don't say anything but show up too (which is fine). I respect WC a lot, and I will do my best to stay out of their way.

I'll be on CB channel 7.

Last edited:

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
I highly doubt anyone is planning on breaking.
:rofl: True.

And while it would be inconvenient for WC, it'd be far more inconvenient for the person who breaks. We may have a big group I expect a good turnout though. There are always people that say they're going that don't, and always people that don't say anything but show up too (which is fine). I respect WC a lot, and I will do my best to stay out of their way.

I'll be on CB channel 7.

I am not saying stay out of "our" way. I just meant in general, there will be a lot of people out there and it would suck for anyone to break down. It would definitely suck more for the individual that does. I am all for meeting more of the Utah wheelers especially since I haven't been able to get out as much lately.

I am going to get my CB antenna tuned in about 5 minutes. Anyone here use ham radio?

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
There will be plenty of room for everyone, Come one come ALL!
We may be dividing our group into two maybe three groups.
Generally we are on CB - 22

sixstringsteve

how many will there be from wasatch cruisers? I'm guessing the majority of us (the 8-o'clockers) won't be continuing on to constrictor. Depending on the snow, I may or may not. We should have a prize for anyone who makes it up wayne's world.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
how many will there be from wasatch cruisers? I'm guessing the majority of us (the 8-o'clockers) won't be continuing on to constrictor. Depending on the snow, I may or may not. We should have a prize for anyone who makes it up wayne's world.

We are meeting at the crossroads at 9AM So chances are we may not see each other, But we have 17 listed for go and another 9 maybes, Some may even be passengers.
I dont know if any of us are going to try constrictor or not either, Hell I still dont know which vehicle I want to take...

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
If your goin to Fruita then go run 21 Road and Billings Canyon :p

Steve- I was goin to take the toyota but when we ran it las week, it was too slippery to really do anything. So Mike and I are takin the quads out and riding around on them :)

sixstringsteve

I was goin to take the toyota but when we ran it las week, it was too slippery to really do anything. So Mike and I are takin the quads out and riding around on them :)

did you at least get through rattlesnake? It can get slippery quick. I imagine it'll have a lot less snow this week.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
yeah we got through snakes but it was the easy route pretty much the whole way. The trail is snowpacked with ice mixed on top. Don't think I will be headin out now. Alittle too cold in the morning. I just got over a cold and want to keep it that way.

sixstringsteve

yeah we got through snakes but it was the easy route pretty much the whole way. The trail is snowpacked with ice mixed on top. Don't think I will be headin out now. Alittle too cold in the morning. I just got over a cold and want to keep it that way.

bummer. Hey, will anyone be bringing their co2 tank out there? I'll pay $5 for someone to air my tires back up when we get back to the parking area. There's no way I'm driving on that highway with 10 PSI. My Co2 system isn't finished yet, and I'd hate to have to buy a mini compressor just for this trip.

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
bummer. Hey, will anyone be bringing their co2 tank out there? I'll pay $5 for someone to air my tires back up when we get back to the parking area. There's no way I'm driving on that highway with 10 PSI. My Co2 system isn't finished yet, and I'd hate to have to buy a mini compressor just for this trip.

I drove my first old Toyota crawler back from Moab with 8 PSI once upon a time.:ugh: Wouldn't recommend it of course. Not sure what I was thinking.:confused:

sixstringsteve

I'm sure you were thinking "i need 8 psi for best traction offroad", then you were in the same perdicament I am: no way to air back up. But I guess there are air stations in moab...

I think it's time for me to go Co2.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
take a bike pump :rofl:

im thinking of wiring up one of those little compressior's at checker into the bronco.
there cheap and small.

how did it go today?
any pics?

sixstringsteve

Checker just has those cheap slime ones. They're only 1.2 cfm, half of those nice red ones that checker used to sell. I wish i could find a local source for those mv50 pumps.

It went well. only 5 rigs showed up. No pics. We ran rattlesnake twice. Constrictor was too slippery on the side hills.

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
I'm sure you were thinking "i need 8 psi for best traction offroad", then you were in the same perdicament I am: no way to air back up. But I guess there are air stations in moab...

I think it's time for me to go Co2.

take a bike pump :rofl:

im thinking of wiring up one of those little compressior's at checker into the bronco.
there cheap and small.

how did it go today?
any pics?
:rofl: I do have a bike pump. I am looking very seriously into the Co2 tanks.

Not sure if we took the easy lines, but rattlesnake seemed easier than I remembered, even in the snow. I let my wife drive the entire trail. Actually she just wouldn't let me drive. Too bad we couldn't meet some of you. Guess you guys got there on time and had no problems.