Snow Run you know you want to take.

notajeep

Just me
Ski Resort Snow wheeln. Snow Run you know you want to take.

******** Just to clarify, this is a private one day event that is held on private property by permission of the propety owner, and is by invition only. Not a free for all open to the public. Sorry if I was not clear about that earlier.********

Who hasn't been to a ski resort and thought, " I wonder what it would be like to drive my Jeep up here?" Every year, after our local resort , Beaver Mountain, shuts down for skiing for the year, they invite a few rigs to come up and enjoy the slopes skier free. I have to admit that I was a little worried. Never having driven on a ski mountain before, I was unsure as to how things would go. I figured that it would either be really cool, or really dumb, depending on how much traction there was to be had.

I wass the first one there, but soon alot of big rigs started to show up.

Beaversnowrun003.jpg

See Nate Williams of Mt logan off road in the red LJ.
Beaversnowrun004.jpg

Beaversnowrun005.jpg

Soon it was time to hit the slopes. :greg:
Traction was pretty good and we could climb the reasonably steep stuff as long as you stayed on the groomed part of the trail.

Beaversnowrun007.jpg

Here is Nate Williams waiting his turn for a run up the big hill.

Beaversnowrun008.jpg

Last edited:

notajeep

Just me
Al Wolford in the white JK and Jeff Sealy in the red YJ
(that YJ has a caddy 500 under the hood that could spin the 42" Iroks pretty good!! :greg:)

Beaversnowrun009.jpg

Al is only running 39"Iroks on his JK this trip.
This is one of my favorite Jks of all time. It is very clean, bug tires, currie rockjock 60s front and rear, and overall very nice. And for weighing 7k this thing sure went where ever Al wanted to take it without any issues at all.

Beaversnowrun010.jpg

Here is Jeff putting that 500 to work.

Beaversnowrun011.jpg

Nate struggled a bit with his 38.5 KM2s until he dropped them down to 5 psi. Then he had the run of the mountain.

Beaversnowrun012.jpg

Beaversnowrun013.jpg

Last edited:

notajeep

Just me
Notice the sweet custom Long arms and coilovers on his LJ.

Beaversnowrun018.jpg

Jeff getting in to the deeper stuff.

Beaversnowrun020.jpg

The buggys with my 42's at 4 psi in the front and 2 psi in the rear, was kinda like a big 4 wheeled snowmobile. Mostly just a point and shoot affair.

Beaversnowrun021.jpg

My new Staun internal bead locks worked great at such a low air pressure.

Beaversnowrun022.jpg

Beaversnowrun023.jpg

It is hard to tell from these pics just how steep some of these runs were, but just think of your average ski slope.... :greg:

Beaversnowrun025.jpg

In not too long we were all at the top at the ski patrol station.

Beaversnowrun027.jpg

Beaversnowrun030.jpg

notajeep

Just me
Too bad there were no skiers to terrify coming off the lift.

Beaversnowrun029.jpg

By the time I got to the top, my little 4.3 was having a rough go of it. All that extended high RPM driving that high up in the thin air had it gasping and weasing. But it still made it, and when we made it back down, it was back to its old self.

Every one gatherd at the top of the mountain.

Image048.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image050.jpg

On the way back down to the parking area for lunch, we desided to hit the winter sports park area. I got to air out the buggy pretty good on the tabletop.

Ill have some more pics and video when Jake gets me his stuff.

What a great day! Doing something that I had always wanted to do, but never could admit to. It was a blast.

More to follow.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Cool, I'm really amazed the rigs climb so well in the snow :cool:

I've had the opportunity to drive on the resorts in the summertime, but never in the winter.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The Seeholzers are quality folk. Cool run! Quality group of folk to wheel with as well. The Wolford's are always fun. :D

I've went down those hills quite a few times but never up them.

Last edited:

notajeep

Just me
When we got back down to the bottom, Jeff had lunch hot and waiting for us. He ownes 3 wendys here in the valley and had about 10 gallons of chili ready to go. This was a great group of people and a great family outing.

Down at the bottom BSing and eating chili.

Jakebeaversnowrun020.jpg

Jakebeaversnowrun021.jpg

Jakebeaversnowrun022.jpg

Jakebeaversnowrun025.jpg

Videos are almost all done.

notajeep

Just me
Video from the top.

[YOUTUBE]o-lfXQUpUHo[/YOUTUBE]

From the top part 2

[YOUTUBE]RgGWEFqgg2A[/YOUTUBE]

Everyone headed down from the top.

[YOUTUBE]BwLR-Bbmv4o[/YOUTUBE]

Me racing Al up the hill. I even gave him a head start. (But I did for get to tell him that we were racing. :greg:)

[YOUTUBE]Y0qM9E6DLLQ[/YOUTUBE]

And coming down to the bottom parking area.

[YOUTUBE]akSRR51wu-k[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

notajeep

Just me
We were clear to wheel every where north of the face. We were on top of the dream lift and Marges tripple. Then headed back down tword the snow board park area.

notajeep

Just me
******** Just to clarify, this is a private one day event that is held on private property by permission of the propety owner, and is by invition only. Not a free for all open to the public. Sorry if I was not clear about that earlier.********