Snow Water Content

rholbrook

My wife works for a small local secondary water company and there has been a lot of talk about all the water in the snow this year. In the last 5 years above Farmington, the best year until now was last year when it was 25". We are killing that. Is the drought over? Many have been saying it is but its far from over. There are still lots of wells that will still be empty because the water needs to fill up the aquifers which will take more than one exceptional winter.

Farmington right now is sitting at 42.2 inches of water in the snow pack.
Tony Grove is at 49.1 inches
Ben Lomond Peak 57.1 Inches
Daniels/Strawberry 29.3"
Brighton 31"
Monte Cristo 32.7"
SnowBird 49.4
Timpanogas Divide 32.3

Crazy how much snow we have up there to come down, especially in the north.

Go HERE to look at the different ares and then click on Snow Survey Study to find a place.

rholbrook

The outhouses in Farmington Flats are buried. There is 11 1/2 feet at the flats. There is one cornice north of the towers that was new in the last week that is over 30ft. 3 weeks ago a friend of mine took his turbo Polaris up one of the chutes on the face up to the towers. I will see if I can find a picture

rholbrook

A52D239D-E703-45C3-AD79-0A54FE33E30C.jpg

Look to the right of the tower and you will see his track.

Bart

Wow, I knew we had a lot, but didn't know we had that much. It's going to be an interesting spring run off season. I know they've been hit with flooding up north, but I have a feeling we will experience some all along the Wasatch front. That is a great pic.

rholbrook

I'm just curious how he fits his balls into a pair of pants.. That line is insane!
Custom made Brian. He isnt even the crazy one of the bunch. All the old guys I ride with all ride the Polaris sleds with BoonDocker turbos. They just like to have fun all year. I don't sled anymore but its because I had a bad year with avalanches. Lost a friend and had to promise his 8 yr old son that when I found his dad I would give him the sandwich which he made for his dad. Then 3 weeks later had to dig up a 16 yr old and give him CPR near the warming hut above Paris, Id. Kinda ruined it for me. I am addicted to breathing.