So I got this today.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
1975 Honda CT90. I've always wanted one. They had two at a yard sale. My buddy and I each picked one up for $100. Just needs a battery, spark plug and some cleaning.

seems to have have a non-stock gear sprocket on the back wheel. So I don't know if that will give me a lower gear ratio or what.

Just picked up a battery $20 and a spark plug $2, carb cleaner, $4, and starting fluid $3. Should have it running as soon as the new battery charges up.

Anyone have any good mods for this thing. I think I'd like to put an LED light on the front to replace the halogen. and maybe shave the turn signals.

13221499_10153702209330028_1877912909114429564_n.jpg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That is pretty sweet. I have a 1969.5 that I got from my grandpa. I don't know anything about mods but you can get most parts for them from dratv.com.

B2-Bomber

12v conversion would help the LED turn signals/headlight swap you mentioned. But you'd need a 12v battery, a 12v rectifier/regulator, splicing in the new regulator, and then replacing all the bulbs, including the little ones in the instruments with 12v bulbs

Also pitster pro in Utah county sells 150cc engines, with carb/cdi etc for like $350 new. They're Chinese engines cloned off of Honda tooling. But it's a 150cc engine ;)

Last edited:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
nice.

i got it running. just had to charge the new battery for a while. the carb is not the best. so i'll take it apart and try to clean it out. its got a lot of low end grunt.

I need to get the headlight wired back up. and then it'll be 100%. its pretty rad.

Brad J

Nice find. We had a 90 & a 110 growing up. Low range on them was amazing. We would use ours to pull dead vehicles off the street & up the driveway to work on them . I wish we still had them.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I just fixed one a month ago and the tires were so old they were rock hard. Almost dumped it in the first corner I went around, spooky.
Make sure you check the chain tension too. Cheap insurance is a new chain and sprockets. Replace them as a set if they look pointy or hooked. That is a huge rear sprocket. I can go count the teeth on a stock one if you want.
I love that you can do the valve lash in like 15 minutes.
Enjoy it!

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Mine has new tires on it. I should probably tighten up the chain tension on it. It seems a little loose after living the chain yesterday. The chain sprockets look good. The one on the back is new and the one on the gearbox looks ok from what I can see with a falshlight and mirror.

The bike came with this new sprocket installed and a stock sprocket. I like this larger one. It gives it a bit more power compared to the one my friend bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk