So long Dump Bump

Cherokeester

Well there is probably another thread on this. Went up to the dump bump today and it is closed, closed, closed. Gated and posted with boulders put in front of all the obstacles. Another one bites the dust. I know it is privately owned but this trend is disturbing.:mad:

great scott

They used boulders to stop rock crawlers, :rofl: now that shows their level of thinking. Sorry in no way am I saying we should crawl the barricade. It truly is sad to see :ugh: just how much we lose every day, just in our own state :mad: !!!

Bart

I was there last Friday. There were boulders there, but no signs. I went up it anyway. I prolly wouldn't have if signs had been posted.

Seth

These go to 11
Keep in mind Utah is one of the last great open areas. BLM and FS travel plans, private entity purchase of public lands and anti OHV groups are all working to take areas away. The big fight is coming in the next few years. Get involved. PLEASE! The laws are on our side but we need everyones support and activism to fight the big dollars that are pumped into groups that oppose us.

Meat_

Banned
Lions back and Dump Bump are on public ground but the access to them is on private ground? Anyway, dude closed them down for liability reasons NOT anti off road reasons. They are working on getting an easement to both obstacles so the land owner won't be liable, then they will be reopened (probably)

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
They were shutting it down in the late afternoon last year to curb the drunken idiots.

That's what I was thinking, maybe it's just shut down for EJS and will reopen after the riff raff is gone?

I went up there during the U4WDA winter deal (ran fins and things), and there was nothing preventing me from going to dump bump, not sure about lions back, though...

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Keep in mind Utah is one of the last great open areas. BLM and FS travel plans, private entity purchase of public lands and anti OHV groups are all working to take areas away. The big fight is coming in the next few years. Get involved. PLEASE! The laws are on our side but we need everyones support and activism to fight the big dollars that are pumped into groups that oppose us.

I believe it... There is nothing up here :( The OHV park that I visited I was able to go around the entire thing in 2wd :-\

Bart

I think that Lions Back and the Dump Bump area are on seperate parcels of land. The sale of Lions Back originally didn't affect DB. Glad I went up DB last Friday, it may have been the last time.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Can you still drop down into DB from Hells Revenge or are the rocks literally right at the base of the obstacle?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Can you still drop down into DB from Hells Revenge or are the rocks literally right at the base of the obstacle?

Why make it worse (not saying you personally would, but..)? It's obvious someone doesn't want anyone on the obstacle. Using it will only make matters worse, IMO, and show those that REALLY care that the 4wd community doesn't.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Why make it worse (not saying you personally would, but..)? It's obvious someone doesn't want anyone on the obstacle. Using it will only make matters worse, IMO, and show those that REALLY care that the 4wd community doesn't.

because I thought someone said the obstacle itself wasn't on private property--just the entrance.

great scott

Well put. This(Dump Bump) is a very small thing in scale to what is headed our way!