Political So now what

Political discussions within

Pike2350

So our government is printing money like crazy and giving it it to NGO's to support all these illegal aliens. The federal deficit is over 34 billion dollars and growing exponenetially. Even if half these people were working and paying taxes, it would not put a dent in the amount of money they are printing to support people invading our country since as long as they are handing out free money, there is going to be a flow of people coming for the handout. As long as the .gov is printing this money and handing it out, inflation is going to stay high. The money being given to NGO's to support this is PPP on steroids for its impact on inflation.

I think that is a pretty sizeable direct cause that affects everyone.
Once again you are taking an affect and drawing back to immigration as either the direct cause or the largest contributing factor...and I don't think either case is true. The .gov spends obscene amounts of money on lazy ass Americans and free riding garbage. I do believe that many illegals use this, I also believe that many just work depressed wages in jo s no Americans want to work for wages no Amwrican would take and pile into a house and send money back home because they are OK living a lifestyle most Americans simply feel is beneath them.

I am Libertarian and am fine with getting rid of .gov entitlement programs and almost every other safety net. If that happened, would you have an issue with an immigrant coming in illegally and working?

This is where I seem.to see a difference in many people's logic. If there aren't freebies would illegal immigration be an issue for you? Usually people still say yes because they are here to do us harm or something.....st which point you can point to other statistics that show the demographic is not really any larger a contributor to the statistics of crime then others. Or they say yes because there are plenty of Americans that would be forced to work for the jobs if entitlements were cut....yet those same people will rely pay the prices required to pay an American to do the same job.

I am all for cutting entitlements which, if that is your biggest gripe should be where to start. It would have a more immediate affect then "closing the border" because illegals will get in no matter what, it's proven time and time again. Get rid of what most of you think is their main reason for coming in the first place. That I can get on board with. U til you address that the immigration reform, or closing the boarders are not going to happen or have much affect IMHO.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Once again you are taking an affect and drawing back to immigration as either the direct cause or the largest contributing factor...and I don't think either case is true. The .gov spends obscene amounts of money on lazy ass Americans and free riding garbage. I do believe that many illegals use this, I also believe that many just work depressed wages in jo s no Americans want to work for wages no Amwrican would take and pile into a house and send money back home because they are OK living a lifestyle most Americans simply feel is beneath them.

I am Libertarian and am fine with getting rid of .gov entitlement programs and almost every other safety net. If that happened, would you have an issue with an immigrant coming in illegally and working?

This is where I seem.to see a difference in many people's logic. If there aren't freebies would illegal immigration be an issue for you? Usually people still say yes because they are here to do us harm or something.....st which point you can point to other statistics that show the demographic is not really any larger a contributor to the statistics of crime then others. Or they say yes because there are plenty of Americans that would be forced to work for the jobs if entitlements were cut....yet those same people will rely pay the prices required to pay an American to do the same job.

I am all for cutting entitlements which, if that is your biggest gripe should be where to start. It would have a more immediate affect then "closing the border" because illegals will get in no matter what, it's proven time and time again. Get rid of what most of you think is their main reason for coming in the first place. That I can get on board with. U til you address that the immigration reform, or closing the boarders are not going to happen or have much affect IMHO.
I agree illegal immigration and the money they are throwing at NGO's is only a small part of where .gov prints money and drives up our national debt and and contributes to the ongoing inflation. However, it is one area, where they are choosing to ignore laws. Immigration is 100% political and will continue to be. If they were vetting these people, I would not have such a negative attitude toward what is going on, but the fact remains that they are just letting people walk in. They could throw billions of dollars at this problem and the the immigration bill that was shot down would not have done anything to solve the problem......in fact it probably have made it worse. Immigration is a legal process and that bill wanted to change it so that bureaucrats, not judges would have been deciding who gets to come in. We all know how well the DC Bureaucrats do at their jobs. It did not do anything require serious vetting of these immigrants.

The long term impacts on our country and economy that will be caused by 4 years of an open border are unknown other than, as long as they are giving handouts to unvetted illegal immigrants and stop letting them just walk across the border, this problem is just going to grow. It's a sad state of affairs when our .gov puts a higher value on taken care of illegal immigrants than it does our veterans.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks