So this happened tonight. (Bee Swarm)

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
k9ZEKS6l.jpg
wAqUnHYl.jpg
rkNOgGLl.jpg

This is an 8-9 foot bur oak in my back yard. I was about to start painting our bedroom upstairs when I peaked out the window and wondered what the heck happened to my tree. I went out back and found out.

My neighbor to the east got a hive last year so I had them come over to see if it was theirs. They called the bee friend who came over and found that it was a brand new hive. She moved them to a box and my tree sort of stood back up. Its still leaning pretty bad but I'm hoping it'll fix itself.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
The bee lady seemed to think that my tree stole a hive from someone else as opposed to it being new hive. Have no idea what would point her to that though.

rholbrook

Tree trash. Stealing other hives. That really is pretty cool. Should have played a game and see who could jump over it from the furthest distance.

STAG

I hate bees. I don't need pollenated flowers or any honey.

I could live without them.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I hate bees. I don't need pollenated flowers or any honey.

I could live without them.

A lot of those flowers turn into food. That being said, bees are only responsible for pollinating about 25% of plants anyway :)

I do not hate bees. I do love honey. That is one awesome picture.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
This is how it looks this morning. I was hoping it would be a bit more straight. I'm going to have to tie a line from the top of it to the ranch rail to see if I can't help it out a little when I get home from work.

xNXD6Q7l.jpg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Maybe Nate has wimpy trees.

That was low. I planted that tree 18 months ago and am, scratch that, was very happy with how it was doing. I planted three Oaks at the same time, the tall one to the right of the lame tree is a Red Oak and there is another Bur a bit more to the right.

Kevin, you live in Magna, are any of your neighbors missing a swarm of bees? I live right on the border of WVC/Magna.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have wimpy trees too, they're dying of some weirdness all up and down my block. I do not believe I have any beekeeping neighbors, and I have not seen any "Missing: Swarm Of Bees" posters on the bulletin board at Reams, but I'll keep my eye out.

You must be right off 7200W? Not too far from me. There's a couple other RMEers out here too, we should get together this summer and burn some meat.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Yeah, 68th west and 31st south -ish. We ought to have a BBQ, I have a park across the street from my house and would love to load up the street with 4x4s. It would be a welcome change from 64 impalas with glitter paint and hydros from two houses down.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
A lot of those flowers turn into food. That being said, bees are only responsible for pollinating about 25% of plants anyway :)

Not sure where you got your numbers. 25 percent of all bees have disappeared. From what I have read, anywhere from 75-85 percent of all crops world wide are pollinated by bees. Wasps and hornets on the other hand have no redeeming value what so ever. They are even lower then Mosquitos, as far as I'm concerned. These totals are still open for debate. Being that I am no expert