So: This line is closed on constrictor!

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Just to educate everyone, cause I got bitched out about it...

The area in red is the "closed bypass" to the first obstical. I wasn't aware it was closed, so now everyone can know.

Attachments

• dontgothere!.jpg
    dontgothere!.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 94
  • don'tgothere2.jpg
    don'tgothere2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 102

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
troutbum said:
Isn't the con in an open travel area?
Making bypasses to a relatively easy obstacle promotes erosion and reduces the difficulty of the overall trail.

Last edited:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Hickey said:
making bypasses to a relatively easy obstacle promotes erosion and reduces the difficulty of the overall trail.

I don't usually get involved in things like this where it gets personal (kicking people's a$$, etc) but the idea of losing a cool trail and losing the opportunity to have more close trails because someones ego won't let them take a strap or wait till their rig will make it. :mad2: I guess I take it a little personal... :sick:

Whether or not we like it, we need to realize that the Rattlesnake and the Con are in effect a test of how WE the off road community, champs and chumps alike, can handle the responsibility of using public land for OUR form of Recreation in the eyes of people who make big decisions.

If we abuse the PRIVILEGE of using public lands, ie making a by pass on an established trail just so we can get 10 yards farther down a trail we obviously shouldn't be on, just because you think it is "open travel" :rolleyes:. Then we will probably lose the PRIVILEGE everywhere.

I hate to say it but in most cases image and preception are everything. :-\

sorry for the rant, this isn't directed to anyone specific, but justifying tearing stuff up with the made up "open travel" excuse was too much for me, we should know better...

whats the point of having these built rigs if we can't take them some where close to use them... :confused:

Last edited:

troutbum

cubi-kill
Hickey said:
Making bypasses to a relatively easy obstacle promotes erosion and reduces the difficulty of the overall trail.
no kidding?? :p

I am not arguing the bypass=bad dealio, I was under the impression that the snakes were in the open travel area, did not mean to stop the lynching.

lynch on!

81Ramchargerman

Jinx said:
I don't usually get involved in things like this where it gets personal (kicking people's a$$, etc) but the idea of losing a cool trail and losing the opportunity to have more close trails because someones ego won't let them take a strap or wait till their rig will make it. :mad2: I guess I take it a little personal... :sick:

Whether or not we like it, we need to realize that the Rattlesnake and the Con are in effect a test of how WE the off road community, champs and chumps alike, can handle the responsibility of using public land for OUR form of Recreation in the eyes of people who make big decisions.

If we abuse the PRIVILEGE of using public lands, ie making a by pass on an established trail just so we can get 10 yards farther down a trail we obviously shouldn't be on, just because you think it is "open travel" :rolleyes:. Then we will probably lose the PRIVILEGE everywhere.

I hate to say it but in most cases image and preception are everything. :-\

sorry for the rant, this isn't directed to anyone specific, but justifying tearing stuff up with the made up "open travel" excuse was too much for me, we should know better...

whats the point of having these built rigs if we can't take them some where close to use them... :confused:

Amen, you said it better than anyone else could possibly have...or should I say wouldn't have.(Just making a point, not saying no one else would have) :D