some questions, and an idea

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
1. How many members do we need in the U4WDA to match the clout of SUWA or other environmental groups?

2. How much money do we need to match thier efforts?

3. With the huge sucsess of the jeep rubicon, and other vehicles with locking differentials, traction control, high ground clearace, skid plates, GPS navigation sytems, and all terrain or mud terrain tires. Could the OEM's or the dealerships that sell these vehicles, be persuaded to provide a free(to the customer) 1 year membership to the U4WDA? Now that the membership fee is down to $10.00 it's probably less than they pay to have the truck washed before it's handed over to the new owner. I would Hate to see what appears to me to be the silent (overwhelming) majority lose it's right to accsess public lands in Utah because a group from another state has a bigger mouth with gold teeth. Just a thought.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Grreat idea. Actually it's not a new idea; but we'll give you credit :) Do you want to head up this program?

It just comes down to someone getting off their can and implementing this idea. I (we?) welcome anyone who wants to help with such a venture.
EZ

1. 15,000
2. $3,000,000 each year
3. Like EZ said. Go for it! Come to the next U4WDA meeting, and we'll give you all the info you need to get started.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Marketing to dealers has been something we have all longed to do... and I agree with you... now is a better time than ever. Most of the auto manufacturers are starting to cater to the "offroad" scene in one sense or the other (Hummer, Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, TRD, Xterra, etc). I would love to get the ball rolling on this!