Spark Arrestors

Kirk

I"ve got a few Honda 4 strokes - I have often taken the baffles out because I think they run better. I think most of the guys I've ridden with usually don't have baffles in either. I've ridden quite a bit over the years with lots of different folks riding 4 strokes. I've never seen any problems (sparks or wierd things) from the exhaust. One of my kids bikes didn't have the baffle in it when I bought it - I haven't really thought about getting one until now because of the fire danger.

Have any of you heard of a fire started from a bike that didn't have the baffle?

Thanks
kirk

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I think the likelihood of a bike starting a fire is rare. that being said have you ever followed a bike that is running a bit lean in the dark before? You can actually see flames coming from the exhaust when it pops/backfires on deceleration even if it doesn't seem that bad when you're riding it :ugh: Something like that could start a fire if all the planets were aligned I guess :-\

As bad as this year has been for fires already I'd rather not risk a ticket personally. That's coming from someone who likes quiet bikes though--I have the stock spark arrested muffler and an aftermarket insert in my WR just to get it to not drive me nuts lol :rofl: