Spotter needed for Grand Nationals in Farmingon

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
If anybody is looking for a weekend of awesomeness I could use a spotter this weekend in NM. Let me know.

Thanks

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Someone needs to jump on this opportunity, I have been Nates spotter since we both started competing and if you have half a brain in your head you will land on the podium.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
F4693D24-7B1D-4590-89F8-0D8D4A7F34DC_zpsjj1at2f8.png

If you would like, id be your spotter. If you'd like someone else I understand

N-Smooth

Just in case anybody was wondering, we got 2nd place. Pretty cool for the two of us meeting on here and working together IMO. It was a lot of fun!

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
Yep I was able to make it down! We rolled over forwards on the first course, first day and we figured we would just get it out of our way right off the bat and then that way we could have the rest of the weekend with completed courses :D haha.

Not being able to roll it back over onto its wheels with just the two of us we had to call that course incomplete. (We got it from the roof over onto its side, but from the side to the wheels just wasn't going to happen on our own) and so we racked up a 40 point deficit right off the bat but then finished out the day strong and was fighting for first place by only a few points.

Cleared some courses with flawless runs and even some tricky bonus lines to help out with points and Sunday afternoon we were in the lead by about 7 points, then on the very last course of the weekend, our points contender ran a near flawless course and had taken the lead by 3 points, and the only way we were going to get that 1st place position back would be to run a flawless course AND take a bonus line. Made it through gate 1 perfectly and then went to go take the bonus line on gate 2 but just got hung up between the belly pan trying to come over the top of the ledge and the rear leaf springs contacting the ground at the bottom, decided to call the course incomplete and got a pull strap to help us over the top before we risked breaking any parts on a run that would have been difficult to complete even without having got hung up.

I had a ton of fun and that was my first time having driven through Colorado and New Mexico so that was cool to me too. Even if it was only a small corner of each.

N-Smooth

Here's a pic of the roll. All it did was dent up the roof. The cage took no damage so that's awesome. I really jacked up my back though between the roll and then pushing it back over.
IMG_4191.JPG

Coco

Sounds like Chance needs to build a buggy and come have fun with us! :D

Congrats to both of you! That is awesome! I wish I could have been there, rather than being the :tara: here.

N-Smooth

I told him several times that he needs to build one. I could see the wheels turning in his head