Springtime riding 2012

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
OK, the weather is on the verge of warming up and anyone that rides dirt bikes is chomping at the bit! Within the next few weeks the desert will be drying out and the temps will be rising. Where do you guys want to ride?

I'd like to spend a weekend around Green River, heard there is some great riding North of town.

There is some fun stuff in the Swell, I hear... just need a guide! (Paul?!)

Caleb mentioned wanting to ride HITR the same weekend as Steve's 4x4 trip... ? I'd be game for an In & Out in a day, I think we could nail it on bikes.

Where else do you guys want to ride?

If anyone wants to spend a weekend in Western CO once it warms up, I'd be glad to host & guide!

And if anyone needs some motivation....
[video=youtube;Ea8EnSDcFWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8EnSDcFWo&feature=context&context=G24d4d60AUAAAAAAABAA[/video]

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
HITR on bikes would be incredible. I was thinking the same thing when I saw Calebs post :cool:

Biking the Swell was AWESOME the one time I went. I'd love to hit 5MOH again :D You pretty much can't go wrong anywhere you take a dirtbike in Utah lol.

I wouldn't mind putting together a sand dunes trip with you guy's sometime. Even a night ride would be a ton of fun in the sand. I wore myself out on them in my younger years, but I talked myself into going to Sand Mountain around thanksgiving 11 and had a riot--can't wait to get back.

Caleb

woohoo! I think an in-n-out HITR would be a blast on a bike (now that I'm a better riding and have a better bike). The overnight thing on a bike gets tough unless you have 4x4s to carry all your gear, water, fuel, etc. I'd love to do an in-n-out though (need a larger tank and still I may be questionable on range though). I'd love to do some riding around Green River as well, I'd also like to do some swell riding (no 5MOH, I'm a pansy :p). I really don't care for sand, but I've never rode the dunes so I'd like to give that a try before I completely say I hate it :D I'd also love to spend a weekend in your neck of the woods Greg. I'm ready to ride, this winter crap is getting old :D

I think my funnest ride last year was the AFC at night we did. Once it warms up, that one will happen again.

o313

Anyone interested in a SLC to St George on dirt roads?

I would coordinate a trailer ride back most likely but planning the fuel stops etc.. would be interesting.

sixstringsteve

Caleb mentioned wanting to ride HITR the same weekend as Steve's 4x4 trip... ? I'd be game for an In & Out in a day, I think we could nail it on bikes.

If you do decide to do HITR when we're down there, I'd be happy to carry fuel and a few camping supplies for anyone that needs it. I'm sure the others would be happy to help cary stuff too.

OldGeezer

Number 1 on my list is the White Rim trail. I've been trying to ride it for the last three years and something always come along and screws it up.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I will be in Caineville / Swingarm city this coming weekend 3-23 thru 3-25 if anyone would like to join. There will be 4 of us camping. We usually park in the second cove about 100 yards off the road highway. For those of you who have never been you need to go. It is about 15 miles west of Hanksville. You can't miss it. It would be great to ride with some of you. Be warned, you are not going to get any better at riding watching us.