Stinkin Hot

RogueJeepr

Here!
What are you doing to avoid the heat ?

I just bowed out on a camping trip cause of the heat (my dad's pissed). I learned my lesson last year on driving/towing in 100+° temps. It's hard on vehicles and everything else and I just don't care for the punishment.
Maybe my camping season will resume next month or so.
Looks like I'll do lil projects at home for now.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Tonkaman

Nothing. I've learned that I'll complain its too hot now and then I'll complain it's too cold later. So I just go do it!

In fact I just came back from a dirt bike trip at whitewash sand dunes near green river. According to the thermometer It was 110° in the shade at the hottest part of the trip!!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nothing. I've learned that I'll complain its too hot now and then I'll complain it's too cold later. So I just go do it!

In fact I just came back from a dirt bike trip at whitewash sand dunes near green river. According to the thermometer It was 110° in the shade at the hottest part of the trip!!

That place is 100° in April! :D

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I go for elevation to escape the heat. If you can get to 7k + feet, it isn't too bad. The closer you get to 9k feet, the better it is.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I go for elevation to escape the heat. If you can get to 7k + feet, it isn't too bad. The closer you get to 9k feet, the better it is.
Getting up to that elevation is the problem towing the trailer and gear all loaded.
So we went for a temporary solution, a day drive today up Gaurdsmans pass (it had rained, temp 68°) and had ice cream at the Dairy Keen in Heber.

Next weekend I should just buck up and get a new radiator, pump, fan clutch. I put this off last year when it got cooler.
Then maybe back to Skyline Dr for the ultimate test up hwy 31.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I spent this weekend up at Kolob reservoir. It has been a Beautiful weekend. A little atv on dirt roads and kayaks on the lake. A much needed weekend away from it all.

ozzy702

Meh, I hate the heat. I've never complained about it being too cold while camping, hiking or backpacking but heat makes it miserable. 9k is about my cutoff right now for during the day. I'll be up at 5am to go mnt biking tomorrow so I can beat the heat but even then it's going to be low 70's, meh.

I can't wait for Sept to hit.