Stolen: 92 Cherokee XJ, Maroon or Burgundy Color, 5 speed, Murray Area, Dec 4, 2014.

y19

This is a stock XJ 92 Cherokee, burgundy color, dented front fender and some front bumper damage, 5 sp. manual, 1992. Has the alloy wheels stock for that year. The rear seat was folded forward, and the rear is full of moving items, a flat screen TV and
lots of other things. Was taken from the area of 3rd West and 54th So. in Murrary about 2am in the morning. If anyone see our jeep, call the Murray Police. Thanks

y19

man that sucks! I will keep an eye out.

Thanks, as you live in the area watch out for your jeep. The jeep was locked up, but the thieves were able to get in and drive off by making a skeleton key, the police found one of the ground down keys lying on the ground where the jeep was. We have our fingers crossed that the car will turn up, but its been a few days. My son was in the middle of a move, and parked it outside the shop he works on cars in, he was working 'til 1 am on some other projects, went to crash at a friends house (in another car), and came back in the morning to find his jeep stolen. The back area was absolutely crammed with stuff, a large flat screen TV, surrounded by many other things, I think there was a 12v tire compressor, some other tools, and his huge collection of unassembled model car kits. So he's pretty bummed. It looks like this theft took some planning, as they had or made some keys to steal the car with because it was locked up tight. So it looks like some people are cruising that area looking to steal older jeeps.

Last edited:

y19

The Jeeps been found! Located in an apartment parking lot over on 39th s and 7th west. The TV was missing, but everything else was there. The ignition was filed out to start the car with a set of small files, recovered in the car, and amazingly enough some clothes, tools, and a pawn receipt with a name on it. The police are investigating this person but don't yet have probable cause to make an arrest.

The damage to the car was the ignition and related parts in the steering column. It looks like the individual that took the car wasn't done with it yet when the car was found, and my son found it himself by driving around seedy apartment parking lots. Like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack, but he did it.
I don't know if there is any lesson to be learned, old jeeps are easy to steal, and it was this jeeps turn. The car was locked up tight. No doubt the individual was attracted by the TV inside, and other items, so its best not to leave valuables in plain view. Its hard to justify spending a lot of money on alarm systems, etc, on an old car like that.

Troop92

"The police are investigating this person but don't yet have probable cause to make an arrest."

Lame. Awesome that he found his car.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
"The police are investigating this person but don't yet have probable cause to make an arrest."

Lame. Awesome that he found his car.

Don't blame the Police, blame the shitty DA's office anything but air tight 100% without a doubt will get a conviction they won't file on

Troop92

Don't blame the Police, blame the shitty DA's office anything but air tight 100% without a doubt will get a conviction they won't file on

Not blaming the police, I have the utmost respect for them. Just pointing out the glaring crazy that is the inability to do anything.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
When my truck got stolen it got recovered 3 days later. We found the guys wallet in the center console. He is in jail.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I would conservatively say less than 25% of people caught with any form of stolen property get prosecuted in this county

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I would conservatively say less than 25% of people caught with any form of stolen property get prosecuted in this county

the guy the stole my truck ended up using my gun to rob a police officers house. That helped him get prosecuted.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I saw this one on FB and some guy said something like "don't touch the Jeep before they get fingerprints" hahaha that person has never had a vehicle stolen before. My brother's car was stolen from a government complex and the cops just shrugged their shoulders basically. But like said above, it's really not their fault.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I saw this one on FB and some guy said something like "don't touch the Jeep before they get fingerprints" hahaha that person has never had a vehicle stolen before. My brother's car was stolen from a government complex and the cops just shrugged their shoulders basically. But like said above, it's really not their fault.

It's true, I had all four tires stolen from my YJ years ago and the first thing the cop asks is if I had called my insurance company. Not when it happened, not if anyone saw anything etc.

y19

It is a great Christmas present to get the car back, and pretty much in one piece.

Last edited: