stuck in the Nutty Putty

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
The news showed maps of the cave, and where crews would fill in close to where the body is. Then, there will be cement several feet thick in the opening, plus the monument will sit on another couple of feet of cement on the surface.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I don't cave, but this still sucks to see one incident close the whole thing. Like was mentioned somewhere else, its only a matter of time before they close Little Sahara, or anyplace else someone dies or gets hurt. Just like our lands...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I still can't get over this story. I feel really bad for the kids & wife he left behind, that sucks...

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
According to the news this morning, the plan is to seal off the area where the body rests. Then a concrete cap over the opening, but one that's less permanent then what would normally be used on a hazardous mine. They want to leave the family the option of retrieving the body for proper burial at a later date.

Likely the same way they do mine openings. Backfill and cap or foam plug and cap with cement.

EROK81?

Sell out
Looks like it's sealed now.

So where exactly was this guy guy stuck? KSL keeps reporting it's either bob's push or the birth canal (the same thing?) yet here and that blog both say it was unmapped portion of the cave?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I want to say it was an off-shoot Ed's push..

Yep.. Saw the report on KUTV (watch the news report.. about halfway in they show a map of where he got stuck)

Last edited: