super 44?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
what is this super 44 all about? anyone know more info? some kid was talking it up as i was removing my d-line in Dan's p-lot, and apparently to him, it's the coolest thing since twinkies....

i googled 'super 44 dana axle', and all i get from my search is that it's got 33 spline? why not just get a 60? and the other thing this kid said is that he was waiting on ARB to make a locker for the 44 housing, and he said 35 slpine, but i see it as 33... i think that kid is a retard -_- ... he didn't even ask what i was doing or if i needed help, which i didn't... but he was a dick..

so my big thing is that ARB already has a locker for this application. and he was seriously making it sound like they were getting it out just for him... :rolleyes:

Kurt, where are ya?

:D

-Jason

Last edited:

Caleb

you got it...the only real benefit is the 33 splines...the only reason to stay 44 is for ground clearance, otherwise it would be cheaper to go with a 35 spline D60...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I beleive the Super 44 kit is a 35 spline D44 ARB/axles... I think ARB already has em' done, might not be on their site yet...

Edit: I thought it was 35 and not 33... anyone else hear this?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
cruiseroutfit said:
I beleive the Super 44 kit is a 35 spline D44 ARB/axles... I think ARB already has em' done, might not be on their site yet...

i just did another search.. i found most of the splines at 35.... all offered with a Detriot. i just don't know about this super 44... i know i can't talk from my own experiences(stock zuk axles), but i think that these upgrade kits are kinda stupid. i'd just rather go for the real thing. overkill, maybe. but i wouldn't be breaking. :D it seems to me like these are turd polishing kits ;) j/k...

-Jason

**EDIT when i was looking i saw a Super 35 kit and for some reason wasn't thinking right and mistook it for being the super 44, with 35 splines.... :D

Last edited:

Caleb

Elder SAMI said:
i found this site which offers thier 'Big 33', or whatever...

Big 33

here's another 'Big 33'

another Big 33

:rolleyes:

it might be a different company offering a 35 spline ARB kit but superior is only offering the "Big 33"...I would imagine at 35 spline the side gears are getting pretty damn small...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
supergper said:
it might be a different company offering a 35 spline ARB kit but superior is only offering the "Big 33"...I would imagine at 35 spline the side gears are getting pretty damn small...

i'd do a super 60 kit! :eek: proly not though.... :)

Tech Tim

ARB will have both a 33 spline and 35 spline D44 Air Locker sometime this summer. The first prototype has found it's way under Jason Bunch's Rockstar (Tri County gear) and the install article will soon be in Peterson's 4x4 mag.

Caleb

Tech Tim said:
ARB will have both a 33 spline and 35 spline D44 Air Locker sometime this summer. The first prototype has found it's way under Jason Bunch's Rockstar (Tri County gear) and the install article will soon be in Peterson's 4x4 mag.

:cool: thanks for the info Tim...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Tech Tim said:

:D