Surround Sound tuner?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Who's the electronics guru for surround sound? We have a "media room" in our new house and I have NO IDEA what receiver to get. I'm fairly confident we have a seven speaker system. Does that mean I need a 7.1 receiver?

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Yamaha RXA3040. Bad ass system that's compatible with ATMOS. All movies going forward will be done in ATMOS so you really don't have a theater without. ATMOS adds height so it requires ceiling spks as well.

Utah Bureau of Awesomeness Department.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I don't want to take it to far, but it seems dumb to not utilize the built in speakers in the room. I love the Yamaha thing but I'd want to buy it at about 10% of value. I just won't get the use out of something like that.

Last edited:

Jesser04

I should have this one installed Friday and I can give you some feedback or your welcome to come check it out yourself. I have five speakers plus a sub the rears and sub are in wall sonance and the front channels are a sonance sound bar so it should be comparable to what your have. I opted out of the AirPlay option because I'm doing a sonos connect with it.

http://m.store.sony.com/products/27-STRDH550

(Just saw yours is 7.1 either way I'll let you know)

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
7.1 just means you have 7 speakers and 1 sub. front left/right center mid left/right and what most call surround speakers in the rear left/right. I have seen subs mounted up front and some in back and some in the middle...

Someday I am going to have to bring pizza and a movie! lol

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Yamaha is the way to go. Personally, I've always been one to save my Pepsi money to buy the best. Whatever you end up buying, you're going to have for many years.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Yamaha is the way to go. Personally, I've always been one to save my Pepsi money to buy the best. Whatever you end up buying, you're going to have for many years.

There is much better than Yamaha out there. You will have to forgo much more than Pepsi to afford them though.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
There is much better than Yamaha out there. You will have to forgo much more than Pepsi to afford them though.

Wow, thanks for that.

I sell Yamaha, Marantz and McIntosh, but I wouldn't waste someone's time talking about the later if the conversation is about value. Yamaha really can't be beat for value/technology and performance.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422579030.579882.jpg

The badass in the pic is me :)
The setup is about $65k the spkrs are $22k a piece.

I offer 36 mos same as cash financing.