SUWA isn’t anti-OHV

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I bet you guys didn’t know that. I saw a random IG post of a dude talking about recovery whilst wearing a Patagonia sweater and well, I can’t keep my mouth shut about that stuff so this is how it went.

This dude is awesome.
DC3A446D-375F-4939-9A2A-A0FFC73E67E3.pngD418E686-303C-43F7-81CC-1A0347396896.pngD14ED40D-39FA-466D-B521-DB3404BC94E5.jpeg

N-Smooth

“I need more info” aka “I think you’re lying.”

Like I just have a personal vendetta against SUWA and Patagonia because I have nothing else to do. People are weird. Also, him being back east doesn’t make me feel like it’s cool to not care. I would care if the roles were reversed.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
When being outdoorsy is trendy you end up with ***sticks like this. I think you all are tilting against windmills, but I admire your tenacity.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
When being outdoorsy is trendy you end up with ***sticks like this. I think you all are tilting against windmills, but I admire your tenacity.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume he simply is unaware. I’ll bet 90% of the ‘offroad’ community are recent converts brought on by the gram. They simply don’t have the time invested that many of the old school fellows do.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume he simply is unaware. I’ll bet 90% of the ‘offroad’ community are recent converts brought on by the gram. They simply don’t have the time invested that many of the old school fellows do.
Working for Overland Expo the past two years I can tell you that most people I come across when I'm teaching the land use classes have absolutely zero clue about where they are allowed to drive or trail ethics. So many of them really just think that if there are tire tracks, then they can drive there. So getting into the minutia of access rights is way out of their capacity. Many of them will say that they are members of groups like the Sierra Club or Wilderness Society because they want to "protect the environment" and are blown away when they learn that they can't drive their new TRD Overland-Pro Tacoma in a wilderness area.

And east coast "overlanders" have no real exposure to public land. So when our friend here is talking about SUWA not being opposed to OHV areas, broadly he's correct. SUWA is probably fine with his local OHV park that's on 100 acres of private land. He likely has no concept of the millions of miles of roads in the west that we are able to access that are under constant threat of being closed by their actions.

N-Smooth

Working for Overland Expo the past two years I can tell you that most people I come across when I'm teaching the land use classes have absolutely zero clue about where they are allowed to drive or trail ethics. So many of them really just think that if there are tire tracks, then they can drive there. So getting into the minutia of access rights is way out of their capacity. Many of them will say that they are members of groups like the Sierra Club or Wilderness Society because they want to "protect the environment" and are blown away when they learn that they can't drive their new TRD Overland-Pro Tacoma in a wilderness area.

And east coast "overlanders" have no real exposure to public land. So when our friend here is talking about SUWA not being opposed to OHV areas, broadly he's correct. SUWA is probably fine with his local OHV park that's on 100 acres of private land. He likely has no concept of the millions of miles of roads in the west that we are able to access that are under constant threat of being closed by their actions.
That's fair

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
“I need more info” aka “I think you’re lying.”

Like I just have a personal vendetta against SUWA and Patagonia because I have nothing else to do. People are weird. Also, him being back east doesn’t make me feel like it’s cool to not care. I would care if the roles were reversed.
Story of my life.