Tacoma lift ideas

ewander

I see a few Toyota guys on here, so here's the question: What would be the best and then the cheapest way to fit 33's on a 2004 Tacoma? Not going the solid front axle route, would the tuff country 5.5" lift be alright, or would it work to combine a 3" suspension lift and a 2" body lift?

chans

If you want 33 10.50 15's I just have a 2 1/2" Daystar spacer lift and they don't rub. For 33 12.50 15's most use an adjustable 3" coil over or a 2 1/2" spacer and a 2" body lift. You can go with the Fabtech 6" lift and run 33" or 35" also. I don't know anyone that has the Tuff Country lift so I don't know how they are.

ewander said:
I see a few Toyota guys on here, so here's the question: What would be the best and then the cheapest way to fit 33's on a 2004 Tacoma? Not going the solid front axle route, would the tuff country 5.5" lift be alright, or would it work to combine a 3" suspension lift and a 2" body lift?

Last edited:

shawn1

ewander said:

For a 33x12.50 on an 8" rims you will need about 4-5" lift to not rub (too bad) the Tuff Country lift is a very nice kit and worth the cash but with a 2-3" body and a 1-3" spacer or coilover lift you can fit them and be cheaper. hit up the ut-ttora board for more ideas on lift kits www.ut-ttora.com I have a Daystar 2 1/2" with a 2" body I have sagged some but I rub my 32x11.50 on 8" rims off road

TigerStripe40

Arrogant Bastard
ewander said:

Best and cheapest are mutually exclusive.

I have been happy with the OME lift on my Land Cruiser.
The OME lift is designed for 33" tires specifically.
OME is not cheap, but, IMHO, it's the best.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have the OME ~3" kit on my Taco running 32's... I love it! It rides great on and offroad, and has held up to alot of weight and abuse... It is a full coil up front and a full spring out back, no spacers, long shackles, or blocks...

I know the Fab-Tech kit is pretty sweet, if I was going higher, that would be my first choise. I am interested to hear more about the Tuff Country kit, they make some nice stuff...

As mentioned above... check out Ut-TTORA, there is a wealth of knowledge with those guys!