• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Tax Accountant Needed

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My taxes have gotten more complicated than I'm willing to spend the time to figure out. I seem to recall that at one point there was a tax accountant on RME? Or maybe someone can recommend a good one who's reasonably priced?

Thanks!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have been through a handful recently. They range from mild to wild, and you kind of have to pick your comfort level.
I used a place in Sandy, Klingler, That I didn't think I was happy with.. but looking back now, I think they actually did a good job.

I like it when I get to sit down and talk it over as the accountant worked on things. Klingler was a drop off paper work and then review it later kind of place. That turned me off. However, my tax liability through them was probably the lowest I have had.

I used R Chocon and Ass. for a long time. They were much cheaper, but also less aggressive. But I liked being able to sit and discuss as we prepared the filings.

Paramount Tax (I used Draper location) is probably the most aggressive I have seen, and they are Dave Ramsey approved.. but the particular lady that I worked with was new and caused me some drama. Another location may be great.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
What does a decent accountant cost? How much do I need to be trying to save to make it worth hiring one?

We got hit with a higher-than-expected bill too and I'd like to make sure we're not leaving refund on the table.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What does a decent accountant cost? How much do I need to be trying to save to make it worth hiring one?

We got hit with a higher-than-expected bill too and I'd like to make sure we're not leaving refund on the table.
My easier days were $200-$300 for a personal return with some rental forms.
Adding a business filing has cost about $1,000 more. 😢

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I use a friend who works for HEB in downtown SL. He does my personal and corporate taxes as well as the 501 c4 returns for UMORA and Sage Riders.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I use Scott Berensen sberensen@refundtime.net that's his email)

He's been really good about helping us navigate all the options to save on taxes over the years. He does all of our personal returns, plus 3 business. He doesn't do the brewery... It's bigger than he wanted to take on at the time so we have a larger firm that has brewery experience do them.

If you use him, tell him I sent you.

Edit to correct the email address

Last edited: