temporary registration?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
It seems like in the state of Utah we can get a temporary registration for a vehicle that gives you two weeks to get it inspected.

Anyone have some details?

I don't know if I am going to have time to get Joey's rig registered before WOTR :)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I just did it yesterday. You have to pay for the registration like normal, and if you don't have safety and emissions done yet they'll give you a temporary tag you tape into your back window.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Yep.. Go in and pay the taxes and registration fee's.. Tell them you need a temp tag until you can get it inspected..

STAG

What's the word on rigs that are obviously not street legal? Like if you put a 2 week temp on Jinxspots FJ40? Are you still technically "legal" because you have a 2 week "hall pass"?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
What's the word on rigs that are obviously not street legal? Like if you put a 2 week temp on Jinxspots FJ40? Are you still technically "legal" because you have a 2 week "hall pass"?

Yes and No..
I think you are clear of a "No Registration" ticket, but that wont stop a no mud flaps/fenders ticket.. or a no blinker ticket.. or any other thing an officer could hit you with

STAG

I wasn't sure. I figured you could say "yeah but I am driving it to a shop to get that stuff fixed for my inspection" and you would have two weeks of basically stuff like that.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Perfect, thanks guys...

Maybe I just need to put it on a trailer and go the homebuilt OHV tag on it...

It seems like taking them down there is the fastest way to do it...

Anyone had any experience.?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I put a temp tag on my old XJ that was cut in half the first time I took it took it to EJS. It was pretty funny. I later registered it OHV. I just started on the paperwork for making my current one OHV today and I'm amazed by how little the DMV knows about it. I'm pretty much telling them what I need to do rather than the other way around.