The Coffee thread

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
What are you drinking and how do you like it?

I have a cup or 2 every morning to wake me up & get me going. It becomes almost critical when the mornings get cold. 🥴

I have bounced around between different brands and flavors, preferring something with a lot of caffeine in it. I'm not a morning person and a good cup of coffee really helps me out.

Every now and again I'll hit up Starbucks for Dirty Chi with 2 shots of espresso, hot or iced depending on the temperature outside.

I used to drink a lot of Dunkin Turbo, but it's hard to find these days. I moved on to Death Wish coffee but it's expensive for what you get and I didn't notice the claim of high caffeine. I recently picked up a couple bags of Black Rifle coffee and am really enjoying it, seems to be very tasty.

20211010_193113.jpg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
image.jpg
Funny, had this brewing when I popped open RME. Never had it before parting gift from my ground crew when I left Hawaii.

Don’t really stick to anything Peet’s is good, BRCC AK47 is good

The_Lobbster

I dont typically have a go to brand, usually I just stick to whatever light roast is available from the local coffee shop just black. I used to drink Starbucks too, but back in April-ish, I stopped drinking coffee and alcohol cold turkey. I just picked both back up recently, and now I can’t stand Starbucks.

I will definitely have to try some Black Rifle sometime though.

Pike2350

I use basic Folger's like a heathen. It gets the job done, but it isn't my preferred choice. I am cheap, and when Costco has their big container on sale, you can't beat it. I do try and make it a bit stronger, which if you add a tiny pinch of salt in the grounds before brewing it helps take off some of the bitterness of it.

If I had the $, I really love a good Kona coffee. the 100% Kona is awesome, but it's pricey. I used to do more of the differing brands, but only what is at a basic grocery store. There is a grocery store by me that has a coffee by the cup machine that uses a good blend that I have found very tasty. It's a Douglas Coffee brand/bean....and they call it The Store Blend, so it has something else...but I'm not sure what.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I've begun using the cold brew that was recommended in the "2 Weeks Without Sugar" thread by Herzog.

That brewing method makes all coffee taste better. I might need to start a dedicated thread to the cold brew though, I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of it. My wife and I are drinking more (since it tastes so good), but it uses a lot more coffee to brew

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've begun using the cold brew that was recommended in the "2 Weeks Without Sugar" thread by Herzog.

That brewing method makes all coffee taste better. I might need to start a dedicated thread to the cold brew though, I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of it. My wife and I are drinking more (since it tastes so good), but it uses a lot more coffee to brew
Between Amy and I, 1 batch will last a week or just slightly over. She drinks one in the morning and I have 1 morning and noon. If you are drinking more because the caffeine isn’t enough, try brewing for 36-48 hrs instead. It gets way stronger.

When I say one, it’s roughly a shot and a half, sometimes two shot sizes for me to make one cup of coffee. Amy is more like 1 shot.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Between Amy and I, 1 batch will last a week or just slightly over. She drinks one in the morning and I have 1 morning and noon. If you are drinking more because the caffeine isn’t enough, try brewing for 36-48 hrs instead. It gets way stronger.

When I say one, it’s roughly a shot and a half, sometimes two shot sizes for me to make one cup of coffee. Amy is more like 1 shot.
Might give that a shot. Right now it takes 12 oz of ground coffee to brew a decanter full (whole can of ground coffee holds like 37 oz), and we get 3 days worth of coffee. If I can double that, we are doing better, but still not as good as the old coffee brewer (but this cold brew tastes much better).

With the very cold winter in S. America, there is a coffee bean shortage. I need to conserve what I have.

SnwMnkys

Whats everyone using for machines? Moccamaster for drip coffee. Quick Mill for Espresso drinks.

Attachments

• 16340033032565889170906621379811.jpg
    16340033032565889170906621379811.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 12

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
We have a technivorm moccamaster and fresh grind every morning. Bean variety varies a lot... because I love coffee.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can function in the morning without it, but going without coffee just seems like a bad decision.