The Farm Runner

NYCEGUY01

Well, decided this thing either needs to go back under the knife or it needs to come apart.
It has been driven like 2 times in the last year.

Then this pic from Race-Dezert Happened...

So... Thats a $150k rig and Im not doing that...lol But...A much much much much much cheaper version. MUCH...

So far, I have secured a 4 door cab, roundeye front clip, Ls2 (still in the machine shop) , 4l80e. Couple different bed options, blah blah blah...
Gonna Keep the Currie 9" with a spooled 5.13 gears.
Keeping it 2wd with the same long travel front suspension it has now. May come down an inch or 2 in height though.
Keeping the 37's and Racelines on it.

Plans so far include adding a couple feet of frame under the cab to make room for 2 more doors, and running a 5.5' bed.
Maybe keep it a stepside but most likely a fleetside and Ill only shorten the front like the newer crew cab beds are.

It will need 2 more PRP's and Ill probably order at least front fiberglass fenders before its all said and done.

The LS, Overdrive, and new MUCH quieter exhaust should make it a little more friendly to actually drive and a little more enjoyable.

Right now its a riot in the dirt but the motor is pretty rowdy and its damn loud and just violent. Which I love, for about 4 minutes...lol

Much more to come, and SLOWLY as the Blazer has also been collecting parts for months now as well and both projects are starting out with 6.0 / 4l80 swaps.
Gotta keep busy somehow right...

pre.jpg

NYCEGUY01

Jensens actually called me today. Block for the LS2 is in near perfect condition.
They only recommended a hone and light resurfacing of the deck just for a MLS headgasket. Everything else is mint...
Still gonna do a set of forged pistons and a balance while its apart though.
They are gonna hammer some new cam bearings in while its there too I have the tool but having them do it seems easier..lol
Crank is gonna be just fine with nothing more than a polish.
Heads will need a valve job and surfacing to be safe though.
Overall, pretty minimal work for a full rebuild.

Now, time to pick out a big choppy cam...lol