The Nature Conservancy and Moab Rim trail

my4thjeep

The Nature Conservancy and Moab Rim trail
« Thread started on: Jan 1st, 2005, 4:24pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mrsburleyford forwarded me an email correspondence between her and an associate director of the Nature Conservancy about their proposed purchase of the Moab Adventure Park.

Here it is:

We are 'environmental 4-wheelers' and love the Moab area. We use it wisely and educate everyone we take with us to the area.

Joanna Ballew

If TNC buys the property we do not plan to change the existing use of the road. We would like to purchase the property to protect rare plants in the area, but jeep travel on the existing road isn't impacting the plant species of concern. Off roading is a problem and we hope to work cooperatively with people who recreate in the area to minimize that impact.

Thanks for your interest in the property. It's certainly a pretty area isn't it?

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Happy Holidays,

Heidi

Heidi Mosburg
Associate Director of Philanthropy
The Nature Conservancy
559 E. South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
(801) 238-2328

Thanks so much Mrsburleyford!!!!!!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Yeah IM CALLING BULLSHIT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!

WE ARE BEING BUFFALO'ED!! I don't trust these green leaning assholes!! Their endangered plant probably grows under our feet as we walk!! And under rolling wheels!!

They don't give a horsedump about you or I or our family traditions. They don't care about our right of way. They don't care about an endangered plant either. All they care about is making a buck at our expense.

EZ

Cory

my4thjeep said:
If TNC buys the property we do not plan to change the existing use of the road. We would like to purchase the property to protect rare plants in the area, but jeep travel on the existing road isn't impacting the plant species of concern. Off roading is a problem and we hope to work cooperatively with people who recreate in the area to minimize that impact.

Is the Nature Conservancy a group we are willing to trust? If I wanted to buy the property and close the road, I'd probably say the same thing just so I wouldn't get any resistance until the deal was final. Sounds just like Urban Meyer when asked about the Florida Job before the season was over. If they want to "Protect Rare Plants" and they say that "Off roading is a problem" then I would think they would want to close the area.