the new DIY bike

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Neat concept... for that kind of $ you could pick up a pretty decent used dirt bike.

mombobuggy

I love those things. I think it would be so fun on the single track trails in A.F. canyon. But it is pretty spendy for what it is.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
We've talked about them before. They give you a parts list of everything you'd need and most of the parts are easily available and affordable. I think one would be fun on the trail for about 15 minutes... then I'd want my KTM 300 XC back. ;)

Still, they're marketing them as an alternative, high-efficiency form of transportation. 100 MPG is pretty awesome, wouldbe fun as hell to tool around SLC or some other big city, long as you didn't have to get on the freeway.

Kinda makes me want one now! :eek:

Anyone interested in a Rocky Mountain Slayer? :greg:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Looks like most people are spending around $4k for a finished bike... that's a LOT of dough for something that's not... well, a real dirt bike.

mombobuggy

:rofl:the slayer sounds like a very fun downhill bike. I cant believe the things you can do with six inches of travel on a bike it makes you feel like superman.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I remember when I used to be obsessed with mopeds, mini bikes, and other wannabe motos. Then I got a real motorcycle. $4k buys a helluva lot of used MOTORCYCLE. Can't see spending that much coin on something that can't keep up with traffic.

sixstringsteve

I have almost all the spare bike parts around to put a serious dent in the price. I think I'd miss having a clutch though.

Last edited: