The Snakes; Weather & Trail conditions

Ima9er

Crazy Man
I was thinking about trying to get some people together to go Saturday the 30th. Anyone going?
if my jeep is put back together i'll possibly be heading out there in the afternoon hours. but i'm still waiting on parts to get here. then I have to attempt to put a ford 9" back together.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
photo.php
well a few of us went yesterday on 4-20 and all of snakes + constrictor was dry. except waynes world. It was a sloppy mess at the bottom and I tried like 8 times and was unsuccessful every time. I put in a new body crease in my jeep from it.. oh well maybe next time

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
pretty cool sight on snakes...

just thought I would share a few pics of the flash flood I caught up rattlesnake last weekend!!! Pretty bad azz, can't wait to see if things have changed out there on any of the trails!!! We were running sidewinder backwards and after I crested the top I came back down to find this crazy rushing river, needless to say it was an awesome sight!!!

IMG_6907.JPGIMG_6908.JPGIMG_6909.JPGIMG_6910.JPGIMG_6911.JPGIMG_6914.JPGIMG_6915.JPGIMG_6916.JPG

audiofreak97

It's been a few years since I've ran Rattlesnake. Still a good time and still in great shape (maybe a bit too easy now:p). Thanks all who setup and continue to maintain the trail!

1941542_10201906052029756_222818227_o.jpg

Troop92

Was out there last night. Rattlesnake is completely dry, dusty even. Ran it with minimal drama, though whoever was out there immediately before us was way to crazy with the skinny pedal, trail torn up and rocks drug everywhere. I guess when you can't get over a rock, just drag it a while... Wayne's World was dry except for the bowl above the first step. Didn't run Constrictor, but it was equally dry.

NChap

Was out there last night. Rattlesnake is completely dry, dusty even. Ran it with minimal drama, though whoever was out there immediately before us was way to crazy with the skinny pedal, trail torn up and rocks drug everywhere. I guess when you can't get over a rock, just drag it a while... Wayne's World was dry except for the bowl above the first step. Didn't run Constrictor, but it was equally dry.

Wow it must dry out fast here then. I went out a couple days before you to 5 mile to shoot some clays and wound up slinging mud all over. I might try to head out late in the week since it's warming up.

Troop92

Wow it must dry out fast here then. I went out a couple days before you to 5 mile to shoot some clays and wound up slinging mud all over. I might try to head out late in the week since it's warming up.

Must, wonder if it didn't get rain at all on Friday. From parking/staging area to mouth of Rattlesnake it was dry and dusty, as you got further in the dust lessened. Hardly any moist soil. Up by the mine tailings there were a few puddles where the water accumulated, but that was it. Not until way higher up was it more damp, then muddy.

sabatoa1

You know that 5 mile is a NO SHOOTING recreation area right!!!

Cascadia

Undecided
I was riding out there Saturday on my dirt bike. Came around a corner and there were 4 guys shooting almost parallel to the trail. Not a fun thing to encounter. So I grabbed the throttle and made sure to dust them. Hoping to not get shot in the back.

sabatoa1

I always stop and tell them that they can not shoot out there. Most people are cool about it and pack up and go, but last time I thought the guy was going to turn around and shoot me. These situations are always scary when you have to deal with ignorant people, but I think that one day just maybe talking to them might save someones life.

NChap

You know that 5 mile is a NO SHOOTING recreation area right!!!

I meant 5 mile area... across the road in the other direction towards the other set of hills not on the trail system itself. Unless that's off limits then I've been misled by half a dozen others at work and actively shooting out there themselves.

Last edited: