Tibble Fork

Tonkaman

There is a big new parking lot being built on the north side of the road. I'm not sure what the big machinery is for that's down in the lake bed is for

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
There is a big new parking lot being built on the north side of the road. I'm not sure what the big machinery is for that's down in the lake bed is for

They're dredging, I heard. Apparently the Snowbird thing in Mary Ellen got somebody to look at the heavy metal concentrations in the mud at the bottom of the reservoir and they didn't like what they found?

rholbrook

My neighbor is the project manager for the company doing the work and he said that they really aren't adding any parking to the area. It should be all done sometime around the end of November if I remember right.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
The article I linked mentions that there will be a small increase in parking area, including some trailer spaces. Also, an additional gravel parking lot at the base of the dam will be added.

pELYgroso

'Merica
The article I linked mentions that there will be a small increase in parking area, including some trailer spaces. Also, an additional gravel parking lot at the base of the dam will be added.

They have to accommodate the hordes of people that will now be visiting Tibble to take the tram up to Snowbird, right?

sixstringsteve

I also heard that even though they did silver lake flat last year, they'll be doing more work on it again in August. :(

Supposedly they're adding about 12' in height to the dam. They had to scrape all the dirt off the northeast side to have enough to make the dam higher.

Tonkaman

Strange. When we were talking to the forest service at the city planning meeting months ago they told us about a huge parking lot being put in.