Timbersleds Who know's or has experience?

ID Bronco

So my son's friend was able to get a new timbersled kit for about $1000. Now my Son is going nuts. Who has ridden one? Will they work well on a cr250?

I don't even really know what to ask, any insight will be helpful.

Thanks,

Scott

rholbrook

Corbin_White and his father both have them. He has posted some pictures up on here. Will a CRF250 run one???? Probably not in the deep stuff. It just needs a little more grunt. Buy him a 450.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Thanks for the reply, Just to clarify it would be on a 1997 CR 250 two stroke (newly rebuilt and wicked fast)

Corbin_White - any thoughts?

Will a CR250 work......yes but it is just like looking at all the threads on here that ask if a Toyota Tundra will pull a 12K trailer over Parleys Canyon. Sure it will but it will not like it and in the long run is not going to be the right machine to enjoy it with. A wicked fast 250 does not have the torque needed to turn the track on one of these set ups properly. You will have to ride it on the pipe and there will be no lugging it. If you search YouTube for videos of this you will find that there is very few people using anything less than a 450 4t with one.

Tonkaman

If you can get it for that price I'd buy it anyway. Try it out for a bit just for fun! It's not like you couldn't sell it in 1 hour on KSL if you don't like it

Corban_White

I run a 2015 timbersled long track on my 2012 ktm300. My dad has one on his Husaberg FE450. I know of a few people who have them installed on 250 2 strokes. If you are a 2T lover you will love it. If you like riding aggressively, banging gears, etc. the 250 will pull the track just fine. If you want to lug around and not really worry about being in the right gear than you will want a 450. I love the kit on my 300. Riding snow is 10x more fun than riding dirt IMO, and I love to ride dirt. If you get one I would be happy to help with setup tips or anything else.

Anyone else who is interested, if you can get yourself on the snow (aka have access to/rent/borrow/steal a snowmobile) I would be more than happy to let you demo ride my or my dad's machines.

ID Bronco

I'll talk to his dad and see if the price is good for anyone. I did not have this on my radar at all so I may not even though like Tonkaman said I should just play with it. I'll try to find out today if it's legit and pass it on if I can.

ID Bronco

I run a 2015 timbersled long track on my 2012 ktm300. My dad has one on his Husaberg FE450. I know of a few people who have them installed on 250 2 strokes. If you are a 2T lover you will love it. If you like riding aggressively, banging gears, etc. the 250 will pull the track just fine. If you want to lug around and not really worry about being in the right gear than you will want a 450. I love the kit on my 300. Riding snow is 10x more fun than riding dirt IMO, and I love to ride dirt. If you get one I would be happy to help with setup tips or anything else.

Anyone else who is interested, if you can get yourself on the snow (aka have access to/rent/borrow/steal a snowmobile) I would be more than happy to let you demo ride my or my dad's machines.

Thanks for the tips! Long track vs. short track? Thoughts

Corban_White

If it is the 2016 kit with the new track then ST is great. I went LT because it floats better and I'm not stuck as much. It really depends on the type of snow you have, the bike you ride and your riding style. With our fluffy snow down here the LT is the clear choice. Somewhere with a little more water content might enjoy the ST more as it is a bit more nimble. At $1000 for a 2016 kit I would buy another one. Even if it is an older kit I know several people who would be onboard.

IMG_20150227_082025251.jpg

IMG_20150228_112025877.jpg

Last edited: