Tires for Delta comp

camicaztoy

Any body got any 36 or 37's they want to lend me or rent me so i can go compete at craigs old school rock crawl. im running 39's which would put me in the legends class and i would really like to run in stock. How about a tire shop the would want sponcor a really cool toyota. Hey corey, hook me up with some pitbulls.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Good luck, I've thought about the same thing, trade my 39.5" for 37". But I think I'll just have to run in Legends, oh well don't expect to win anyway.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Is that your truck in your avitar? If so, I don't think you'll make the stock class anyway due to your lack of sheet metal out back.

camicaztoy

yep, thats mine. it actually has the stock bed on it. just the sides are cut off. I guess ill have to check with the judges and see what they say. Then again, if i can't find some 37's to use, then it won't matter.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
It does say in the rules that you can not trim more than 3" from the fenders for tire clearance, But maybe they'll see it as a flat bed, that was a question I have, because I don't have a bed either, but besides that it is stock(ish). Good luck finding tires. I might now of some 36's, what size wheels do you have?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Hopefully, you'll find this of some use......

1. Street Stock Class (license and registration required)

1.1 Tires-Maximum tire size is 37", based on manufactures sidewall stamp. Three bonus points (-3) issued for each inch below 37" to a
minimum of 33".

1.2 Steering-Street Stock class is limited to hydraulic assist of stock type components (hydraulic rams OK). Rear steer or full hydraulic steering is not allowed. Cross over steering acceptable.

1.3 Frame

1.3a Frames must be OEM, or direct OEM design aftermarket replacement. Frame re-enforcement allowed.

1.3b Frame rail modifications are not allowed, including cutting holes in the frame rails for custom brackets (except as allowed in 1.7 below). All bolt on or weld on custom brackets are permitted.

1.3c Frames cannot be drilled or punched to lighten them.

1.4 Body

1.4a Bodies must be full width of OEM. Bodywork must extend a minimum of 24" past the Center of the rear axle. Full recognizable 4x4 bodies i.e. Jeep, Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet, I.H. etc., are required. Some trimming of body allowed such as fenders and corner panels. Fenders may be trimmed under the area that would be covered by a factory or aftermarket fender flair or a maximum of 3”.

1.4b Front fender wells may be omitted. All flooring and fire walls must be fully intact with the exception of the following:

1. The hump area directly over the transmission and transfer case which may be modified to accommodate aftermarket products or raising of stock components.

2. The floorboard may be cut or modified for clearance of rear shocks, fuel tanks and routing of fuel lines.

1.5 Radiator-Radiators must be in factory position and covered by the hood.

1.6 Seating-Vehicles must have two (2) seats side by side.

1.7 Suspension

1.7a Stock configuration suspension designs required. Example: leaf from factory, leaf for competition, coil/leaf from factory, coil/leaf for competition, etc.. Double shackle, air shocks or coil over systems are allowed with a 10 point penalty (+10).

1.7b No limitation on suspension attachment point measurements, but overall wheelbase MUST remain +- 3 inches of stock.

1.7c Manual or automatically controlled suspension systems that compensate ride height are not allowed. Front bumper mounted winches may be used as an adjustable limiting strap for the front axle. Rear axle winches are also allowed as an adjustable limiting strap.

1.7d Shackle reversal approved for leaf springs. Shackle hangers may use holes cut in the frame for leaf spring shackle bushings. Rear leaf springs mounted inside the frame are allowed (frenched).

1.7e Portal Axles are not allowed.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
So does this mean that a flat bed would disqualify you from the stock class? I asked Craig about it last week, and he said he wasn't sure, nobody ever tried it.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
In my opinion, yes, 1.4a spells it out pretty clearly. Plus, I think there is a definite advantage to a flat bed over the stock sheet metal.

But what do I know.....

Bart

Sorry, cleaning it up for the UVU car show. Sorry to steal this thread. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

rock4fun

Any body got any 36 or 37's they want to lend me or rent me so i can go compete at craigs old school rock crawl. im running 39's which would put me in the legends class and i would really like to run in stock. How about a tire shop the would want sponcor a really cool toyota. Hey corey, hook me up with some pitbulls.

I have some 36'' tsl on 6 lug toyota rims I would be willing to let you use just to get you out of the legends class. Cuz the last thing I need is more competition. Just kidding but I do have the tires and you can use them. I will bring them with me. My name is Rick just look for A black toyota buggy with orenge flames.