Shop / Tools Today I want this...tool edition

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Mike, I hate to tell you this but your foot pedal has no cable going to it. What kind of crazy magic voodoo is this? I need this tool.

Yeah, someone stole my cable. It's just there for looks now. :rofl:

I added the Miller cordless pedal/dongle about 15 years ago. I love the cordless pedal assembly and I'm not generally one who likes tools that require batteries but this one was a gamechanger. It's also fairly easy on batteries as in the past 15 years I've only changed the battery a few times.

Tonkaman

Leaf blowers.
I want a battery operated one for cleaning the shop or trailer out so I don't have to lug my big gas Husqvarna out for smaller jobs.
Who's happy with a 20/24v one for cleaning the shop?
Or should I spring for the 40v or even 80v?
I’ve used several types and generations over the years. The most powerful is definitely EGO, but I’d say just get one that you already have the batteries for. Dewalt upgraded theirs a year or 2 ago so if you go yellow make sure to get the newest generation.

It is going to take 20 hours to do the job according to him. If you put a value of $50 an hour for your time, it seems like it would be worth it to pay a professional to do it.🤷‍♂️
Yup. I agree it doesn't make sense if you were wanting to blast a whole truck frame. Small parts, on the other hand make me wonder...

The_Lobbster

Anybody know why there is no such thing as a bench top vertical bandsaw for metal? I have an M18 portaband and have been looking at buying the SWAG mount, but unfortunately you are still very limited to how wide of material you can cut. Besides just using cutoff wheels, are my next options to just invest in a torch, or plasma setup?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I haven’t had a particular need for this tool but I am sure it will come in handy, so I bought it today.

View attachment 161296

I bought a corded finger sander when I had to remove the seam from seemed tubing to make a sleeve over a receiver hitch to reach frame rail. Took forever. Hopefully the Milwaukee one doesn't bog down under load like mine did

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I bought a corded finger sander when I had to remove the seam from seemed tubing to make a sleeve over a receiver hitch to reach frame rail. Took forever. Hopefully the Milwaukee one doesn't bog down under load like mine did
Its use is probably pretty limited.......but I just had to have it in case.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I should have had one of these metal blades for my circ a long time ago.

View attachment 161389
They are awesome. I decided to go ahead and get a dedicated metal circular saw from Evolution. The slower spin of the saw cuts metal like butter. It's so nice to use. Before that I used the diablo blade like that on my dewalt saw for tons of cuts and it's STILL sharp. Good stuff.