Toy hubs......

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Whats up with my Toyota hubs? I had my frontend apart today and while putting it back together things got screwed. (I think I have a loose Operator Nut!)

Anyhow, the springs and the rest of the hub internals fell apart and I reassembled them following the FSM. I tried this for 3 Hours, to no avail. My hubs are IN 2wd, but my whole frontend is turning?!?!?! :confused: WTF!!! When I took it wheelin, I didn't even have to lock my hubs.

I guess I'll be stopping by the wrecking yard on Monday to get another set.......:rolleyes:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I have the same issues. I hate how the key hooks to the spring by that little metal tab that has two parts that hook it to the key. I get it alot. I still don't know what to do.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Skyetone
I have the same issues. I hate how the key hooks to the spring by that little metal tab that has two parts that hook it to the key. I get it alot. I still don't know what to do.

Well, if you don't know how to fix it, then I MUST be screwed. :) Thanks for the info though......

Wrecking yard, here I come!

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
I'd just buy some warn premiums and be done with it. I had the auto locking ones and they went out on me. For $200 you can get a kit from warn to swap them out. I bet if you have the regular locking hubs the warn ones would be too much.
Dan

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Greg
Whats up with my Toyota hubs? I had my frontend apart today and while putting it back together things got screwed. (I think I have a loose Operator Nut!)

Anyhow, the springs and the rest of the hub internals fell apart and I reassembled them following the FSM. I tried this for 3 Hours, to no avail. My hubs are IN 2wd, but my whole frontend is turning?!?!?! :confused: WTF!!! When I took it wheelin, I didn't even have to lock my hubs.

I guess I'll be stopping by the wrecking yard on Monday to get another set.......:rolleyes:

do you still have the aisin hubs?? if so, everyone else is right, the two springs are on there wrong. they pull the hub actuator unit back off the stub shaft, if it all fell apart you need to get that second spring back in there.

go here for s pictorial how to. aisin hubs are tricky but this will help you fix it!!

my zuk hubs are aisin too and they did the same thing. i got really irate until i figured them out and they work great now!! just get that spring back on there right!

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Good write up. Stick with the asians greg. I can rebuild em. They just get tired after a while. The warns aren't anywhere as stong. It's only the key thats giving you grief. The HUB in warn will break LONG before the asian HUB breaks, 35's-38's-40's whatever.

Greg

Admin
That is a great write up...... I like the pictures, they're fun to look at, :p. I'll probably try again following that writeup, Thanks Spence.

I heave heard the factory Toy hubs will take a hell of a beating, so I'll stick with those. Thanks for the idea though, Dan!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I did the same thing not long ago, but Carl threw it back together and I didn't even see what he did. Oh well. Definitely stick with the Aisin's. I doubt you'll be able to break one.