Toyota UCAs

ozzy702

Wondering what UCAs you guys have run. SPCs, JBAs, Dirk King, etc. Potentially doing a 2.5" lift on my 2011 Sequoia (same as the Tundra).

I'm ok with maintenance so long as it actually makes parts last and makes them squeak free. I've read of far too many people doing just that and yet their UCAs still have major problems. One of my buddies has Total Chaos UCAs on his Tacoma and they're super noisy despite him doing 3k maintenance. We have winters and salt on the road which complicates things. I just don't want to be swapping out bushing and balljoints every other year.

lhracing

I have SPC control arms on my 4Runner and would not buy them again. I have had to disassemble them every 5k to 10k miles to grease the bushings to keep them quiet and the first set of ball joints only lasted 20K miles. Any control arm with a polyurethane type bushing is going to need maintenance. I would suggest trying to find a control arm with a clevite type bushing and a quality OEM style ball joint, for the 4Runner both OME and Dobinson's have some nice looking arms.

Last edited:

Agility Customs

Vendor
The ICON UCAs are currently my favorite offering for the toyota platforms, We have done quite a few OME UCAs as well and I they seem to be doing well

ozzy702

I have SPC control arms on my 4Runner and would not buy them again. I have had to disassemble them every 5k to 10k miles to grease the bushings to keep them quiet and the first set of ball joints only lasted 20K miles. Any control arm with a polyurethane type bushing is going to need maintenance. I would suggest trying to find a control arm with a clevite type bushing and a quality OEM style ball joint, for the 4Runner both OME and Dobinson's have some nice looking arms.

I've heard this from a lot of people, which is why I'm posting here since you guys mostly live in the same conditions I do (northern UT).

Agility Customs

Vendor
I've heard this from a lot of people, which is why I'm posting here since you guys mostly live in the same conditions I do (northern UT).
I can get you a good deal on a set of ICONs but they dont list a part number for the sequoia but they do for the Tundra. Are you sure they are the same?

ozzy702

I can get you a good deal on a set of ICONs but they dont list a part number for the sequoia but they do for the Tundra. Are you sure they are the same?

Yeah, I have a 2011 Sequoia, up front it's the same as a Tundra other than bumper/grille. I'll take a look at them and reach out to you. I appreciate the offer.

How are the ICONs holding up on Tundras? I'm fine with greasing stuff at every oil change, just want a product that will actually hold up with proper maintenance. Would like to avoid road salt/grime making for a squeaky UCA and only get 10-20k out of bushings and balljoints like so many UCA horror stories I've read.

Last edited:

Agility Customs

Vendor
Yeah, I have a 2011 Sequoia, up front it's the same as a Tundra other than bumper/grille. I'll take a look at them and reach out to you. I appreciate the offer.

How are the ICONs holding up on Tundras? I'm fine with greasing stuff at every oil change, just want a product that will actually hold up with proper maintenance. Would like to avoid road salt/grime making for a squeaky UCA and only get 10-20k out of bushings and balljoints like so many UCA horror stories I've read.
The Icons use a sealed style ball joint so the squeak issues dont seem to plague these like alot of the uniball style. They do use a poly bushing at the frame but as long as you keep those greased they should be good

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We've sold/installed and/or driven on a great number of SPC, Icon, Dobinsons and OME over the years. If you don't need the additional adjustment offered by the SPC, the OME is my go-to but the don't make them for the Tundra/Seq so Dobinsons would get the vote. That said we've had far better luck than most with SPC, I've run them on my personal 200 (identical architecture to the Tundra/Sequoia unit) with minimal issues, a new set of outer joints ever few years, common for any ball joints that get heavily used. We stock the SPC (part# SUS25490) and I think the Dobinsons (Part# UCAKIT-214K), if they are out of stock currently, we can have in a few days generally.