Trashed Subaru

Nagrom

I went up corner canyon the other night and someone completely trashed like a 90 somthin subaru. Covered in mud, broken axles, smashed front end and then smashed all the windows out when it would'nt drive anymore. Anyway my point is it looked like a lot of fun and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sounds to me like anothe marr on our sport... :(

I wish the government would be more pro-active in presecuting those that leave cars like that...

I am going to head up there in the next day or two, where is it located?

StrobeNGH

no user title
Agreed, leaving cars on trails is not the best thing to do, but how many people would associate Subaru's with our sport. Subaru wagons seem to scream out SUWA.
Hmm, 'SUWA (or other environmentalist) leaves their car on mountain trail.' That'd be an interesting headline.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
StrobeNGH said:
Agreed, leaving cars on trails is not the best thing to do, but how many people would associate Subaru's with our sport. Subaru wagons seem to scream out SUWA.
Hmm, 'SUWA (or other environmentalist) leaves their car on mountain trail.' That'd be an interesting headline.

Everything that happens in an "off road" area will get associated with off roaders... especially when it has been driven over, driven through the mud, etc. The make/model of the car is irrelevant, its the fact that it is in the mountains, and probably in an illegal area for motorized recreation (99.99999997% that is is in an illegal area).

Corner Canyon is NOT open to any motorized vehicle use with the exception of the Upper and Lower Corner Canyon Roads... Everything else is either Draper Preservation Park (Lower Corner), USFS Wilderness Area (Above the Upper Road) and Private property. All of the property is marked, and all major trailheads have kiosks with maps... :(

There are some minor loopholes... ;)

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Nagrom said:
I went up corner canyon the other night and someone completely trashed like a 90 somthin subaru. Covered in mud, broken axles, smashed front end and then smashed all the windows out when it would'nt drive anymore. Anyway my point is it looked like a lot of fun and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it :D

I just talked to my buddy and he said he saw some guys in a gray Subaru pullin it out cuz it was stuck and that was on Sunday.

Nagrom

Tiny said:
I just talked to my buddy and he said he saw some guys in a gray Subaru pullin it out cuz it was stuck and that was on Sunday.
It was sunday night I saw it up there. But I went up again yesterday and it was gone. So either they removed it the next day or Draper did. But I've never seen them act that quickly. Also it was not off the main road (at least where it died). If you know corner it was maybey 500ft past the big sand hill everyone climbs.

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Nagrom said:
It was sunday night I saw it up there. But I went up again yesterday and it was gone. So either they removed it the next day or Draper did. But I've never seen them act that quickly. Also it was not off the main road (at least where it died). If you know corner it was maybey 500ft past the big sand hill everyone climbs.

Ok I know where that is, my friend said he saw them up by the 3 or 4 big mudholes goin through them, I can understand why they got stuck, those are some deep mud pits.

Nagrom

Tiny said:
Ok I know where that is, my friend said he saw them up by the 3 or 4 big mudholes goin through them, I can understand why they got stuck, those are some deep mud pits.
Oh Yeah! I've been stuck in those twice in my F-150 and once so far in my jeep! But I barely have the clearance to go through those, There is some deep ruts under the water. That is definately a suicidal manuever for Subaru :rofl: