TRIP REPORT - Noob Run 3-12-11

Awz

Om Nom Nom Nom smack
I noticed your avatar has changed.... again, steve. Did you sell the zuki already and buy another taco?

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Looks like it was an awesome run. I would like to get out on one of these. Every run I have ever been on consisted of my dad as the spotter and a couple brothers. I would love to get out and meet some new wheelers and learn some new wheeling areas. I will for sure be on the list for the next run!!

nrspence

I love my auto, Everyone that drives and wheels manuels always say they would never go auto then they fnally try one and they never go back, TJdukit's story is a common one. I have had two auto 4X4's and i love them more than any manuel because theyare so smooth and the torque converter allows you to be smooth and crawl even with out low gears, Just my 2 cents

AMEN! An auto makes life a lot easier on the trail.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
So here's the full video of the snakes noob run, I just got around to putting it together last night. So basically it's a walk through the trail through a noob's eyes lol....and pardon the language in a few scenes, some of those bigger rocks startled me :rofl:

[YOUTUBE]W0jjhlkxBwQ[/YOUTUBE]

sixstringsteve

cool video HIRO. My brother will love having that video of his runner going through the trail.

And this video will be good for those who think it's a walk in the park. Maybe for a vetran, but for a noob, some of those rocks seem pretty scary, especially without gears or a locker.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Yeah I dig it. It was definitely nice of your bro to guide me through the trail and run back to spot me a few times as well, much appreciated! I'd love to get out there again, it was great to have the support and patience from the group to go through it, a trip similar to that would be nice, to get more comfortable with the trail, so I dont hold back others.

I didnt air down my tires that night because I didnt want to make the long journey home with a low PSI, but I didnt realize how high they were, I didnt check them after getting my tires balanced, and I was running about 37 PSI on all 4 tires. Right now I've aired the rears down to 28 and the front to 30, that probably would've helped traction in some of those spots where I got hung up. Oh well lol...

sixstringsteve

shoot me a PM sometime hiro, and I"ll take you through the trail in the daytime (give me 3 weeks to build my truck first though).

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Sounds good. I'm wanting to do my SAS on my 4Runner here pretty soon, but i'm not too sure where to start, reading up helps, but I'm still uncertain lol, might hit you up for some info seeing as you do one every month? lol.

sixstringsteve

Just come over when I do mine (this weekend or next weekend) and you'll see how easy it is. I'd be happy to help if you needed help.

Last edited:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
shoot me a PM sometime hiro, and I"ll take you through the trail in the daytime

I'll be happy to run it in the daylight with you as well. I typically have Thursdays off work, though I might be able to make it on a Monday or Friday (very late in the afternoon or early evening) as well.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Just come over when I do mine (this weekend or next weekend) and you'll see how easy it is. I'd be happy to help if you needed help.

Cool, that sounds good to me, it'll be a good way to learn, thanks!

I'll be happy to run it in the daylight with you as well. I typically have Thursdays off work, though I might be able to make it on a Monday or Friday (very late in the afternoon or early evening) as well.

That would be cool if you made it up as well, for a daytime run through it, I think a Sunday or Monday would work for me :)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
That would be cool if you made it up as well, for a daytime run through it, I think a Sunday or Monday would work for me :)

Well today is definitely out, but perhaps next Monday (the 28th) we could plan to meet around 5:30pm or so and go run it. I guess we'll wait and see what the weather is going to be doing. (Weather.com currently calls for a 30% chance of rain that day... we'll see what they predict as the day draws nearer.)

93runner

Im new to the site and somewhat new to wheeling, i have done it a few times in my older vehicles and while hunting but nothing really in the lines of crawling. i would really like to go on a run like this, and you all seem like a great group of guys. so im hoping you guys will plan another run like this one.