Trooper guys!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Tell me about your fender flares. I hear tell they're flexible, and if someone can confirm, I'm going to start scanning junkyards.

Troop92

Mine is old enough it didn't come with them, and I don't have enough offset to need them to pass inspection!

I can ask the planetisuzoo forum for you, though. To clarify - you're wanting Isuzu factory but flexible to work on your Montero, right?

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Kevin doesn't have a Montero...?

I do not. I ran across a fella who bolted up a set to the factory flares on his 3rd gen 4Runner.

126155d1406830256-fender-extensions-140731_0009.jpg

They look a little janky tacked onto his OEM flares, but I bet they'd look a little better on the naked fenders of my 1st gen. I hear tell you can score them at the junkyard for lots cheaper then Flexy Flares and they look about the same, so I thought I'd see what's up.

They started appearing on Troopers in '96. They are "flexible", but I wouldn't say that they would conform to a different shape without becoming distorted.

That's discouraging though. I might try them anyway if I can find a set for cheap.

Garden edging!

No. Just no. You keep your Jeep Thing away from me. :mad:

cackalak

I think those would look like garbage on your 1st gen. I would rather get some Buckwackers before those. And I hate Bushwacker fenders.

STAG

On my grind
I'll just leave this here.
img0281yb.jpg

sixstringsteve

now THAT'S a good looking fender. You could even build some flat panels out if you needed more tire coverage. I always wondered why more people didn't do that. Those bends look tricky though.